Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Read as your appliances may become useless
4 May 2013, 08:06,
RE: Read as your appliances may become useless
SHTF you expect your fridge to work?

No one wants electrical shut down, but it is a fact of life even today and in developed countries.

Here in the states some of the areas out west, mainly California, must endure rolling blackouts in summer due to demand peaks for Air conditioning use.

They purchase their power from places as far away as Texas and the flow is transferred for almost 1500 miles to the west coast.

So,,,if SHTF means the fridge is out, or power interruptions, then it is already in progress in the western U.S. and they just consider it a seasonal irritation.

As for the intrusion into life, I agree, but many don't.

The surveillance is "for your own safety'.
The appliance shutoff devices are just to save you money.
The gun and knife laws are to protect you from yourself.

and now some fool is telling me that if I voluntarily plug a computer monitor/GPS into my car he will lower my insurance rates! I'll guarantee that 10 minutes plugged into my vehicle and they would cancel my policy!

I do not know about your utilities in GB, but in the U.S. electric is privately distributed and it would have nothing to do with the government if such devices were installed on the appliances.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Read as your appliances may become useless - by Mortblanc - 4 May 2013, 08:06