Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WEEKEND RENDEVOUS GET TOGETHER SUCCESS
6 May 2013, 19:32,
WEEKEND RENDEVOUS GET TOGETHER SUCCESS
Hi all, this weekend was a great success several Preppers had a very beneficial RENDEVOUS over the bank holiday all sorts of friendships were made and, Information gained and exchanged. I think I learnt more in 36 hours then I have over a lifetime. It was a great pleasure to finally meet like minded preppers in person, especially the godfathers SD and NR. I cant thank NRs wife enough for her hospitallity and NR for his experience and information he passed on, deffinately a success to be reccomended and repeated cant wait until the next one early July. Hello and thanks to every one else who attended.
6 May 2013, 19:42,
RE: WEEKEND RENDEVOUS GET TOGETHER SUCCESS
would have loved to attend,was invited, but the 1300 mile round trip put me off!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 May 2013, 20:22,
Well done glad it ran smoothly
7 May 2013, 17:38,
Very worthwhile meet. The success rate for NR's targeted group was significantly higher than normal.

Some interesting discussions took place around a few key topics; Comms, Solar, EDC, etc. and, as usual, there was the playing with crossbows and air rifles. NR played an excellent host and had everything sorted out with labels as well.

It seems to me that this is the future of RV's. One on one initial meetings and then inviting like minds to larger gatherings with a purpose in mind.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 May 2013, 17:56,
Where did you all meet?
7 May 2013, 19:09,
At NRs house oop in der norf east
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
7 May 2013, 22:10,
The thing that impressed me very much was the level of commitment, many of us traveled many, many hours to get there, in my case 7 hours and two day, and I wasn't the furthest away,...I was half expecting a group of strangers struggling to fill the time, yet there was never once an awkward moment, we talked none stop, and learnt a hell of a lot

Nr and his wife and son played an excellent part, although it was very informal it was also very well organized too if that makes sense, the refreshments were of the highest standards a lot of effort had gone into making a really good get together.
A major part of survival is invisibility.
8 May 2013, 08:34,
(7 May 2013, 17:38)Skean Dhude Wrote: Very worthwhile meet. The success rate for NR's targeted group was significantly higher than normal.

Some interesting discussions took place around a few key topics; Comms, Solar, EDC, etc. and, as usual, there was the playing with crossbows and air rifles. NR played an excellent host and had everything sorted out with labels as well.

It seems to me that this is the future of RV's. One on one initial meetings and then inviting like minds to larger gatherings with a purpose in mind.

Bah!! I hate my shiftsAngry Are any rendevous coming up in Bonnie Scotland??
8 May 2013, 09:00,
(8 May 2013, 08:34)PaulandNell Wrote: Bah!! I hate my shiftsAngry Are any rendevous coming up in Bonnie Scotland??

There is talk of arranging a meet in Glasgow later on in the Year. There are a few of you up there now.

Why don't you arrange one then? Find a place you can talk, somewhere where there are eats, pick a date not too far away and advertise on the RV section.

Bear in mind the attendance rate for these is low. So don't book a hall or anything. You should do better than most through because a few in or near Glasgow have said they will turn up.
Skean Dhude
8 May 2013, 10:51,
(8 May 2013, 09:00)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(8 May 2013, 08:34)PaulandNell Wrote: Bah!! I hate my shiftsAngry Are any rendevous coming up in Bonnie Scotland??

There is talk of arranging a meet in Glasgow later on in the Year. There are a few of you up there now.

Why don't you arrange one then? Find a place you can talk, somewhere where there are eats, pick a date not too far away and advertise on the RV section.

Bear in mind the attendance rate for these is low. So don't book a hall or anything. You should do better than most through because a few in or near Glasgow have said they will turn up.

Thanks SD, I will keep my eyes open on here for RV. We live on outskirts of Glasgow so that would be handy too.Smile