Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
WEEKEND RENDEVOUS GET TOGETHER SUCCESS
8 May 2013, 12:16,
RE: WEEKEND RENDEVOUS GET TOGETHER SUCCESS
I was hinting that you should arrange one yourself.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
8 May 2013, 18:18, (This post was last modified: 8 May 2013, 18:25 by Spandex228.)
“I would like to say I was delighted and humbled by the turnout and by the effort and commitment made by the attendees some who travelled overnight like PF and HL, others travels from Scottish Highlands and one from London via the Wirrel, They all contributed greatly to the knowledge bank and much useful info and kit got exchanged, plus working contacts and trust was developed among all who attended Castle NR.

We covered planning, radio comms, RV comms, kit choice, bows, air rifles, medical issues, food growing, chickens, rabbits, goats, power generation, water storage and purification, how we can attract more females to our community, how we can be more self sufficient, how to live off grid etc. We had print outs , posters, articles printed out to give away, and for me by the end of this two day event when I saw the attendees exchanging phone numbers, e mails and making ACTUAL plans for setting up a Scottish Comms group I knew it had been a success beyond my wildest dreams. And no silly elitism or ruling cliques, badges or barmy kiddy club stuff to contend with just preppers.

The point I want to make is ALL who attended had to alter work rotas, change personal commitments, travel crazy distances, rough it sleeping in laybys or fork out for hotels, all who came had to make much effort and personal sacrifice, YET all said it was absolutely worth the effort and said they would do it again (Mrs NR is baking already for the next one). Those are the type of preppers we or at least I want to be associated with. Unfortunately that level commitment and effort is in the minority among most of our community, far more people want everything dishing up to them on a plate, they are not prepared to make any sacrifice or change any of their work / family commitments to attended a micro RV. If people cannot put a days holiday in, or be willing to drive for a few hours (BP excluded cos he is on sorting the SW RV out) or change a shift or most importantly by keeping their word to attend an RV then I dont think they would would enjoy or benefit from meeting and nor would those brave souls who travelled to the north east from places like Aldershot, Croyden, The Highlands, Sheffield etc.

One again my deepest gratitude to those of you who did come, and I’m sorry that two invitees did not receive the invites I sent, I hope the next Durham RV will correct that and be even more dynamic and interesting than the last one, We the NR clan will invest even more time and money into the next one to make it even better for those good people who did get off their arses and made the effort.

Regards to all from NR”

Cheers

NR

(8 May 2013, 18:18)Spandex228 Wrote: “I would like to say I was delighted and humbled by the turnout and by the effort and commitment made by the attendees some who travelled overnight like PF and HL, others travels from Scottish Highlands and one from London via the Wirrel, They all contributed greatly to the knowledge bank and much useful info and kit got exchanged, plus working contacts and trust was developed among all who attended Castle NR.

We covered planning, radio comms, RV comms, kit choice, bows, air rifles, medical issues, food growing, chickens, rabbits, goats, power generation, water storage and purification, how we can attract more females to our community, how we can be more self sufficient, how to live off grid etc. We had print outs , posters, articles printed out to give away, and for me by the end of this two day event when I saw the attendees exchanging phone numbers, e mails and making ACTUAL plans for setting up a Scottish Comms group I knew it had been a success beyond my wildest dreams. And no silly elitism or ruling cliques, badges or barmy kiddy club stuff to contend with just preppers.

The point I want to make is ALL who attended had to alter work rotas, change personal commitments, travel crazy distances, rough it sleeping in laybys or fork out for hotels, all who came had to make much effort and personal sacrifice, YET all said it was absolutely worth the effort and said they would do it again (Mrs NR is baking already for the next one). Those are the type of preppers we or at least I want to be associated with. Unfortunately that level commitment and effort is in the minority among most of our community, far more people want everything dishing up to them on a plate, they are not prepared to make any sacrifice or change any of their work / family commitments to attended a micro RV. If people cannot put a days holiday in, or be willing to drive for a few hours (BP excluded cos he is on sorting the SW RV out) or change a shift or most importantly by keeping their word to attend an RV then I dont think they would would enjoy or benefit from meeting and nor would those brave souls who travelled to the north east from places like Aldershot, Croyden, The Highlands, Sheffield etc.

One again my deepest gratitude to those of you who did come, and I’m sorry that two invitees did not receive the invites I sent, I hope the next Durham RV will correct that and be even more dynamic and interesting than the last one, We the NR clan will invest even more time and money into the next one to make it even better for those good people who did get off their arses and made the effort.

Regards to all from NR”

Cheers

LAST MESSAGE POSTED AT NR,s REQUEST

NR
8 May 2013, 20:06,
Sounds to me like you had a great RV ,I have to be honest in saying im completely gutted that my invite never came thru, I was less than 10 miles away....stuck in the garden makingoutdoor furnature and bloody up to my elbows in wood preserver !! this was out of boredom btw...I had nowt to do, kids out with the OH ! just happened to text NR to say whats happening etc...then he dropped the bombshell....I thought he was totally winding me up.....not ! fu#king computers !! basically ...I missed out on meeting the other guys ....and Highlander too !!!! im still gutted....next time deffo....will pass out a contact number to others as a failsafe etc. cheers RW
8 May 2013, 20:17,
Would defo like a heads up if another ones being organized.
8 May 2013, 21:05,
Yeah I would like to know about local RVs too
9 May 2013, 00:25,
(8 May 2013, 12:16)Skean Dhude Wrote: I was hinting that you should arrange one yourself.

ha ha I thought you just mentioned there would be an RV later in the year.. I really need to get shifts sorted, problem is I work crazy shifts (hospital) and its murder trying to get off when Paul gets off. That goes for my hols too. Paul's off 6 weeks in summer and I'm lucky if I can even get one week off with him, nature of my job. But.. I am trying to get shifts sorted as my son is in poor health and my days off are pretty much focused around him as a result I'm thinking of cutting back my hours, so watch this space, RV meet will happen even if it isnt me who organises itSmile
9 May 2013, 09:32,
I prefer small RVs or training sessions. I've just arranging my next three RVs. I'm leaving the big RVs to those in each area to sort out.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin