Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival fishing weights
10 May 2013, 20:35,
RE: Survival fishing weights
My mate got some floats for course fishing from lidl they were rubbish they either fell apart or sank, just go to a proper fishing tackle shop
13 June 2013, 21:50, (This post was last modified: 13 June 2013, 21:54 by Badgerboy.)
If you intend to hobby fish then go to a fishing shop buy what you need and get free advice. If you are survival fishing for food then sporting rules do not apply, if anyone wants info on headlining Hobo fishing, fish traps etc I will be happy to put some basic info together and post it.

The post above should read deadlining and not headlining, I could learn to hate this auto spell correct.
14 June 2013, 00:35,
(13 June 2013, 21:50)Badgerboy Wrote: if anyone wants info on headlining Hobo fishing, fish traps etc I will be happy to put some basic info together and post it.

Feel free. Always interested in information.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
14 June 2013, 01:24,
(14 June 2013, 00:35)Skean Dhude Wrote:
(13 June 2013, 21:50)Badgerboy Wrote: if anyone wants info on headlining Hobo fishing, fish traps etc I will be happy to put some basic info together and post it.

Feel free. Always interested in information.

BB, I initially thought the thanks given for your first post might be enough to show interest but it's not really, is it? I am interested; I live by the sea but haven't fished since I was a bairn and as it could be one of our principle sources of protein, I really should know more than I do. Have at it, Sir! Smile

14 June 2013, 10:20,
Try putting stones into the mesh bags you get with wash powder tablets. They take up no space and have loads of other uses.
14 June 2013, 13:45,
This is a concern solved by young boys all over the world and not real fodder for adult minds.

There is an unlimited supply of bolts, nuts, washers, nails bent into loops, chunks of wire, nice little pebbles and other trash to substitute for fishing weights.

If you can not see something that will do for a fishing weight within then next 15 seconds your mind is not working fast enough to keep you alive SHTF anyway, bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye.
14 June 2013, 20:07,
(14 June 2013, 13:45)Mortblanc Wrote: This is a concern solved by young boys all over the world and not real fodder for adult minds.

There is an unlimited supply of bolts, nuts, washers, nails bent into loops, chunks of wire, nice little pebbles and other trash to substitute for fishing weights.

If you can not see something that will do for a fishing weight within then next 15 seconds your mind is not working fast enough to keep you alive SHTF anyway, bend over and kiss your a$$ goodbye.

I think you are missing the point,... yes us brits do have a bit of sense, we do know how to weigh something like a line,... but we are discussing how best to/ what best to use so as not to snag the bottom,.. I think that your chunk of wire, nails bent into loops, and other `trash` would soon get caught on the bottom and you would loose your precious line
A major part of survival is invisibility.