Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Hello from a Hampshire hog
9 May 2013, 10:41,
RE: Hello from a Hampshire hog
Hello and Welcome,

Your task is slightly different than others. Not that much different but a lot more. You need to make a list of skills and match them with roles and prepare spreading the load.

The main issue you may face is that after an event PC will not be there. You will need to fill that gap yourselves. There will be predators that consider your community an easy target.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
9 May 2013, 11:12,
hi and welcome to the forum
9 May 2013, 13:00,
(8 May 2013, 23:41)Fantasia2013 Wrote: Been prepping for a bit now was mainly for short term events ie bad weather but in the last 3 mths I've gone up a few more notches, something's brewing and I don't like what I'm seeing, I'm prepping for a small group of women and about 8 kids with their help and it's hard work as they turn to me for advice which I can't always answer so any advice will be really appreciatedSmile

Hi Fantasia, I have been prepping for a while now and I'm also a newbie to this site. I live in the outskirts of Glasgow. This site is full of ideas and so much knowledge too. Dont let it overwhelm you, you have taken a really big step and you can only do what you can. At first when I came on here I was thinking, OMG I need this, I need that but in reality you only need whats best for you and yours in your personal situation as I've learned. So so many friendly people on here always willing to give advice. Welcome and good luck. Nel. Smile
9 May 2013, 15:11,
a warm welcome from the welsh valleys
9 May 2013, 19:28,
Many thanks for a warm welcome I think I'm in the right place now thank god Wink
9 May 2013, 20:48,
Hi there and welcome to the Forum. Loads of advice here. Good hunting.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
10 May 2013, 10:27,
I only joined a few days ago and i have learned more than i have for a long while.

Oh and hi Smile
12 May 2013, 16:08,
hello from londonistan
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
12 May 2013, 18:12,
You have a very different situation than most of us, can you tell us any more,... I take it you are not all in one house, so are you close neighbors?, can you easily communicate?, are there any men? do you meet regular to discuss preparing? ,.... a lot of question I know, but only tell us what you are comfortable with,..if anything
A major part of survival is invisibility.