Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Knife pictures
9 May 2013, 16:58, (This post was last modified: 9 May 2013, 17:06 by Northumbriman.)
Knife pictures

Another picture

Another picture

(9 May 2013, 16:58)Northumbriman Wrote:
Another picture

Another picture

These pics are of a left handed casbon steel full tang handcrafted bushcarft knife in a real leather hand stitched sheath. Its got Oak scales for handles and can be yours for £35.00 plus P&P contact me for more details or further pics. A video of this knife in use is on my Youtube channel Northumbriman123. At the time it was in a fabric sheath but thats been updated now.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
15 May 2013, 23:03, (This post was last modified: 15 May 2013, 23:03 by BDG.)
RE: Knife pictures
Get yourself to Wilkinsons and get a cheap hair dryer rather than using that air bed pump job and get a pick axe to use as an anvil - even if you jam it in the log - the surface of the anvil only needs to be slightly bigger than the face of your hammer.

Biggest tip, make yourself some tongs for handling hot blanks - ideally make yourself three pairs with different bits and shanks for holding different stuff. Make as many pairs as it takes to to get good, make a you tube vid of how to make them then use them in your knife making vids. You will come across as really knowing what you are doing and sell many times more knives.

Canny looking blades BTW, what you making them from, leaf springs?
16 May 2013, 09:31,
RE: Knife pictures
(15 May 2013, 23:03)BDG Wrote: Get yourself to Wilkinsons and get a cheap hair dryer rather than using that air bed pump job and get a pick axe to use as an anvil - even if you jam it in the log - the surface of the anvil only needs to be slightly bigger than the face of your hammer.

Biggest tip, make yourself some tongs for handling hot blanks - ideally make yourself three pairs with different bits and shanks for holding different stuff. Make as many pairs as it takes to to get good, make a you tube vid of how to make them then use them in your knife making vids. You will come across as really knowing what you are doing and sell many times more knives.

Canny looking blades BTW, what you making them from, leaf springs?
The old set up is long gone. The current forge uses a heat gun as an air source. The Tongs are something I will get in time. The materials vary depending on the blade required. The process is ever evolving as I learn and acquire more kit. Thanks forthe tips though I will def look at tongs asap.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)