Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Interested in meeting near Glasgow?
10 May 2013, 19:33,
Interested in meeting near Glasgow?
Now I did read the rules (and I quite like rules, Smile) so this is NOT about arranging private meets.

It IS about asking if there's anyone who might be reasonably close, who would like to talk about maybe arranging a meet?

I live in North Ayrshire, I've been prepping for about twenty minutes, can't travel far but I do have an interest in learning. Maybe you have too. PM or e-mail me (look me up,) and we can get to know each other a little before deciding whether or not to do anything else. Maybe an experienced prepper would be interested in passing on some knowledge.

It can't work if you're not interested but I'll wait in hope... Smile

10 May 2013, 20:47,
RE: Interested in meeting near Glasgow?
(10 May 2013, 19:33)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: Now I did read the rules (and I quite like rules, Smile) so this is NOT about arranging private meets.

It IS about asking if there's anyone who might be reasonably close, who would like to talk about maybe arranging a meet?

I live in North Ayrshire, I've been prepping for about twenty minutes, can't travel far but I do have an interest in learning. Maybe you have too. PM or e-mail me (look me up,) and we can get to know each other a little before deciding whether or not to do anything else. Maybe an experienced prepper would be interested in passing on some knowledge.

Hi GG I am not an experienced prepper but a meet sounds good.
I live on outskirts of Glasgow.. would be good to chew the fat with similar minded folk from Glasgow. My partner is usually off 6 weeks in summer..booo, I on the other hand have shifts and such to deal with. Nel
It can't work if you're not interested but I'll wait in hope... Smile
10 May 2013, 21:47,
I am only four hours north of you, ....we also have the kids that we have to visit from time to time in Stewarton, so its always a possibility.
Glasgow is a different prepping to where we live, but I am sure there is plenty of common ground
A major part of survival is invisibility.
11 May 2013, 08:48,
Grumpy im in Glasgow not too far away meeting is not high on my list of important things to do but your local so we should at least have a conversation Big Grin
14 May 2013, 23:37,
[quote='Grumpy Grandpa' pid='56374' dateline='1368210782']
Now I did read the rules (and I quite like rules, Smile) so this is NOT about arranging private meets.

I live in North Ayrshire, I've been prepping for about twenty minutes, can't travel far but I do have an interest in learning.

Hi GG, as I suspected my PM messages never reached you, utter technophobeHuh I had said in the invisible PM's that it would be good to meet up with like minded, also is it just a wee meet to suss each other out, see what kind of Bob's we have? compare ideas, learn, or do I just bring me knittingTongue I agree that this would be beneficial to us all and gives us the assurances we probably need being quite new to this. So would it be a park location, pub location, a location that suits us all bearing in mind that you cant travel far? Please advise thanks Nel.
14 May 2013, 23:49,
GG, The intent was to stop people arranging private meets on the forum. For OPSEC you don't want to be arranging a meet in Glasgow outside the train station and you will have a sporran with a rose in it so someone can id you and you would have no idea. Shouting out and requesting that people go to PM is the idea.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
15 May 2013, 00:02, (This post was last modified: 15 May 2013, 00:05 by PaulandNell.)
undefined

undefined
15 May 2013, 05:09,
(14 May 2013, 23:49)Skean Dhude Wrote: GG, The intent was to stop people arranging private meets on the forum. For OPSEC you don't want to be arranging a meet in Glasgow outside the train station and you will have a sporran with a rose in it so someone can id you and you would have no idea. Shouting out and requesting that people go to PM is the idea.

That's what we're doin' SD - Secret Squirrel all the way... Smile

15 May 2013, 20:44,
Next time I come up to your way on my next Bird watching trip to the land of the scot's I'll PM you so we can arrange something near you.
15 May 2013, 21:05,
on that subject I think there is a rspb or whatever its called bird place near Glasgow at lochwinnoch.