Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Review Craghoppers Kiwi Cargos
22 November 2011, 16:59,
Review Craghoppers Kiwi Cargos
What are your favourite EDC Pants?
© 2010 Northern Raider

I’m not into murses, purses or manbags, I’m too old to wear tight jeans anymore and for many long years I have accommodated my personal possessions usually in a pair of Regatta Cargo pants, prior to that it was a pair of ex army green Lightweights that did the job. If I have to carry a fair bit of extra kit I wear a Regatta OS4 Cargo Vest.

However two years ago I stopped wearing the Regattas on a bit of a whim and at the suggestion of a chap I knew who worked in an outdoors store. I had been whinging to him for some time about the often very variable quality of the Regatta Cargo pants, some were well made and some fell apart in no time at all. And I had issues with the numerous pockets in them. The number of pockets was fine, but most of them were so closely cut and attached that you could not put much in them, and if you did it was uncomfortable.

So at the suggestion (and the fact they were on offer) I bought a couple of pairs of Craghoppers Kiwi Cargos, and two years on I must admit to being absolutely delighted.

Spacious cut, multiple stitching where necessary, plenty of belt loop (1 ¾ ) re-enforcement in places where needed, etc and a good cloth that resists rain and muck quite well. They wash very well and iron ever so easily; they come in three leg lengths and waist sizes to fit most folks. Colours range from Black, Grey, Navy Blue, Light tan, Dark tan and on occasion I have seen green ones.

The bit I like best is they are more generously cut for a looser fit and the pockets are better cut and designed to carry stuff more secure and in more comfort.

Pockets wise two either side on the front with one of each being zipped, two on the bum both zipped, and a fabulous large leg pocket set up that is sub compartmented to take a cell phone, wallet etc with a map pocket behind capable of taking a folded full size OS map.

If you think I normally carry a lock knife, multi tool, flashlight, mini FAK, Bandana, Specs case, wallet, cell phone, cash, keys, spare batteries, pieces of kitchen roll, note book and pen about me it makes sense to do so securely and comfortably.

I have now gone completely over to wearing KIWIS.

They do them in lads and lasses fit and they run around £22 a pair.
I believe Craghoppers is updating the range at the moment with extra re-enforcement patches and anti fray fabric on the hems

22 November 2011, 17:23,
RE: Review Craghoppers Kiwi Cargos
The thing about Craghoppers is they look good they wear well can take a beating, and best of all they are a fair price, and when you have a large family you tend to look for all of the above.

22 November 2011, 17:40,
RE: Review Craghoppers Kiwi Cargos
W & C is dead right and if you shop about you can on occasion get em for as little as £15 a pair.