Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Walking Tractors
26 May 2016, 16:18,
RE: Walking Tractors
Whats the nought to sixty time ? Smile

26 May 2016, 18:43,
(26 May 2016, 16:18)NorthernRaider Wrote: Whats the nought to sixty time ? Smile
About 11 years so far. ( top speed is about 25mph ).
26 May 2016, 21:17,
11 years I love it Smile

26 May 2016, 21:53,
I do like that STEVE ! .....that will work for me.
27 May 2016, 06:45,
What a great little work horse Steve. What a beaut!

I'm going to have to start looking into this more deeply.

What started me off looking at the originally posted walking tractor and trailer was my search for a solution to delivering bulk coal, pellets and wood to the about-to-be-installed automatic boiler. Manually carrying or barrowing it is possible, but is hard graft and something I need to automate to some extent to ensure its still doable as we get older. We need to be able to shift in the order of 4 tons per year.

The issue is that from point of access and bulk unloading into our enclosed compound and adjacent bulk store ( soon to be coal bunker), fuel has to be transported 25m or so uphill ( rise of around 3m, and then brought into the boiler room through a 1m wide doorway ( planning on reducing this to an 80cm later). I was looking for something manoeuvrable, lightweight, reliable and easy to power and maintain. The ability to perform other tasks would be an advantage. From our searches we think we now have the perfect solution in the form of an electric wheelbarrow. These are intriguing devices and are more versatile than we first thought. I'll post a separate thread about them shortly.

But your mini tractor advice has really gotten us thinking. We own a lump of land currently rented to the neighbouring farmer. With suitable mechanization we're considering reclaiming a portion of it fro our own crop growing needs....and a little tractor like yours would be a good way to do this. Thanks again for sharing your thoughts and experience. Its certainly opened our eyes:-) Appreciated.
72 de

Lightspeed
26-SUKer-17

26-TM-580

16 October 2018, 07:53,
I want to suggest you a tool for a better navigation in the fields Field Navigator bit.ly/2NtEchc I tried it, so I can definitely recommend you.
16 October 2018, 15:51,
More spam???

Why do I need a navigation system to plant my 50'x50' veggie patch and the containers?