Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
good samaritan law.
12 May 2013, 16:57,
RE: good samaritan law.
The laws are getting ridiculous, I don't know if I could walk past someone needing help, but I'm keeping whatever I've prepped for my group little that it is.
12 May 2013, 17:11,
i wouldnt get envolved, apart from ringing the emergency services on my mobile pre shtf, post shtf my every waking moment will be focused on the survival of my family NOT some stranger.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2013, 17:53,
I agree with that my top priority will be keeping my lot safe.
12 May 2013, 18:06,
(12 May 2013, 17:53)Fantasia2013 Wrote: I agree with that my top priority will be keeping my lot safe.

exactly, that injured/sick stranger may have some disease that is not that obvious, you catch it from him and take it back to your group, they then catch it off you, within 14 days their ALL sick, what then? nope, better to stay away and keep safe.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
12 May 2013, 19:47,
I think the instinct in many people is to help those in distress, and compassion is a wonderful thing.
However, in these tricky times I am not sure whether I would stop to help - guess it would depend on the circumstances.

I have in the past driven past people with obvious problems on the road and have telephoned the Police from a safe distance away. It's difficult enough being a lone female on the road, but as Anything Really wrote above, there have been instances of people feigning distress just to put you off your guard.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
12 May 2013, 19:51,
(12 May 2013, 19:47)MaryN Wrote: compassion is a wonderful thing.

it sure is, and post shtf it'll get you killed quicker than anything, drop your guard for a second and your gone.
12 May 2013, 20:23,
....so what happens if it is you that desperately needs the assistance?

The think is, its like anything else, I dont think that we need to turn into savages, and just turn away from common decency, ...but make sure that when you offer help, its when the odds are with you,.. the person you help, maybe very useful to you

If one person seems to need help, then make sure there are two or three of you before you offer it...... if you are alone, then is the time to turn away, but I dont think we need to make that the normal way of things
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 May 2013, 20:48,
I think I agree with Highlander - help I would offer but very, very carefully and I wouldn't give anything vital to my family.

13 May 2013, 08:30,
nope, no stranger is worth putting me, my family or my group at risk. if we are going to survive we must put aside all thoughts of pre shtf charity, post shtf we wont have the medical facilities to counter act any serious disease, we must harden our hearts and think what the consequences could be before we even think of acting.
13 May 2013, 12:16,
(11 May 2013, 21:22)HideandSeek Wrote: I can't help but help if you know what I mean, its definitely a weak spot of mine. I once saw a bloke fall down about 8 steps onto a concrete floor and literally smash his face up on a busy london platform, no one did anything, but then there's me who goes running over and tries to give the bloke a hand and people started to get funny and weary of me because it's not a usual thing in london anymore, to help one another, they thought there was something wrong with me. In the end the guy was an epileptic and has suffered a random fit.

He could've died.

Good for you H&S. I know your experience is pre- SHTF rather than after, but it's good to know there are still some decent people in London.