Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
making your home less of a target once the lights go out.
12 May 2013, 16:59,
making your home less of a target once the lights go out.
http://www.survivalblog.com/2013/05/maki...ansas.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 00:37,
RE: making your home less of a target once the lights go out.
Almost everything in this article was a direct contradiction to reality.

An apparently abandoned building with quarantine signs is getting burned down as fast as I can throw a molatov cocktail!

Sealing off a house with plywood and black plastic over the windows sounds good when you are sitting in air conditioned comfort in an electric lit room, but the writer claims to live in Kansas! They have summer temps of 100f+ and winter temps of -40f.

A rotting gut pile in the front yard? Can we say vermin, insects, swarms of flies?

Just more impossible, untested and thoughtless dribble passed off as 'survival advice".
14 May 2013, 09:29,
i think it has lots of useable tips for this side of the pond where we dont have such extremes of temperature.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 17:27,
Depends on the type of scinario but some interesting stuff. if it is a mass viral outbreak and you are trying to keep the sick and looters away then the quarentine signs sound good but if your the only one in town with them it might not look as realistic. I dont know if the spray paint will look right but you could get red paint and try and make some bloody hand print /blood splatter

i like the idea of busted up tvs on the path into your house. and if you move your car into the garden (if it is possible) instead of your drive then it looks more abandoned.

hiding in the attic would be one way to wait out people as well
14 May 2013, 17:37,
I like the black plastic over the windows so if anyone looks in all they see is black...good for hiding any lighting you've got too, wouldn't take much I've only got 6 tiny windows. and the main bedroom window already has blackout curtains in front of the ordinary ones and so has the front bedroom so sounds like i'm half way there already.