Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
police do you trust them ???
14 May 2013, 15:47,
RE: police do you trust them ???
(14 May 2013, 15:35)Bucket Wrote: Post fan hitting, most will be protecting their families first, stuff the government.

yes that's my feelings too, with only a total of about 130,000 nationally, they'll have enough to contend with, without resorting to the likes of us.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
14 May 2013, 17:19,
It depends on the police force and to a lesser extent, the individual policeman.
Our local sheriff and his deputies I trust implicitly. SHTF they're the good guys!
The city police - maybe not so much, but these people still live in a small town, so they have no anonymity.
The town constables - they'll do the right thing.
The Texas DPS (state police) - it depends on the individual policeman. The ones stationed near our community are fine.
The Texas Rangers - I absolutely trust them.
Federal law enforcement (FBI, BATFE, DEA, etc.) - I wouldn't trust them to tell me the correct time.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
14 May 2013, 21:45,
NO!...
15 May 2013, 11:34,
There is a saying in the martial arts world "treat today's friend like tomorrows enemy" and this pours over into the policing community and we should use them when absolutely necessary, but as with everyone else keep the prepping and food storing to yourself.

but also remember in the uk on average only 1 in 8 arrests end in conviction so with low level stuff learn to either deal with it low key or let it go and live your life.

So trust them NO, Trust anybody? only with extreme caution.
15 May 2013, 11:48,
what on earth were the police doing in oxford,this cannot be covered up with saying sorry.
this has happened all over the uk with the police saying the same things.

SHAME ON OUR POLICE .......Angry
15 May 2013, 15:01,
So the SHTF scenario is in full swing and Society is broken down there is no rule or law. In order to protect ourselves and our supplies we have banded together and formed a small community. We take turns to keep watch whilst the other sleeps. We have a mutual agreement not to kill each other or take the sleeping peoples supplies and that becomes a common LAW. We all choose to live by that law. We co-exist to an extent however supplies have started going missing and the group become suspicious. We look at the evidence and investigate in order to catch the culprit thereby policing ourselves. We get the thief red handed, what do we do with him now? Do we kill him outright, do we banish him from our community or do we listen to his pleas for forgiveness. We must decide thereby he is going to be judged by his peers and a decision reached. A new rule is implemented that nobody is allowed to access the stores during the hours of night in order to protect our supplies and ultimately each other.

However there are those amongst us now who feel that the other are getting a better deal. How do we approach that ? do we just kill the others or do we discuss it and reach a mutual agreement by setting up some form of government with representatives from each group discussing the issues?

And so it starts all over again. Society, no matter how small, needs rules and people to enforce those rules, people to deal with the rule breakers etc.... This is how society/communities function. This is how mankind has managed to live this far.
15 May 2013, 15:10,
indigenous native cultures always managed to live together without having heaps and heaps of laws, transgressors usually got banned from the tribe and spent the rest of their lives alone in the wilderness, normally everything was decided by a council of elders of the tribe. I don't think we need governments post shtf, I wouldn't want that personally, I don't want anything like we had before, I feel if we did we as a race hadn't learnt anything, but would just be making the same mistakes all over again. anyway if the S does hit the fan we will probably go so far back down the line that it will take centuries before we are back where we are now.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
15 May 2013, 16:56,
(15 May 2013, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: indigenous native cultures always managed to live together without having heaps and heaps of laws, transgressors usually got banned from the tribe and spent the rest of their lives alone in the wilderness, normally everything was decided by a council of elders of the tribe. I don't think we need governments post shtf, I wouldn't want that personally, I don't want anything like we had before, I feel if we did we as a race hadn't learnt anything, but would just be making the same mistakes all over again. anyway if the S does hit the fan we will probably go so far back down the line that it will take centuries before we are back where we are now.

Back to where we are now technologically or politically?

Technology has always been the key to political power and you are discounting the impact our stored knowledge will have on any recovery.

Ownership of a technological advantage will bestow power instantly and the normal trend in crisis situations has always been to a military dictatorship.

I do not want that.

You are also romanticizing the days of clan warfare, plague, pestilence, witch hunting, torture and general filth and forgetting that the act of "banning" or exile was a death sentence, not just a few days alone in a camp in the lake district.

I do not want that either.

Part of it is a difference in culture also. There is an old joke here in the states about an airplane going down over the jungle and three people jumping out of the burning missile. Before they reach the ground they have held an election and on touching earth have a president, vice president and secretary/treasurer.

As for trusting the police: over here our police and law enforcement establishment represents one of the largest standing armies in world history. It is a constant battle between society and our law enforcement community trying to keep the abuses of power in check.

I never trust anyone that has been hired or appointed to a position of perceived power with only the person that hired him as oversight.
15 May 2013, 17:02,
(15 May 2013, 16:56)Mortblanc Wrote: Back to where we are now technologically or politically?

the act of "banning" or exile was a death sentence, not just a few days alone in a camp in the lake district.

I was thinking of technology when I said that. everybody knew banning was a death sentence that's why it was only used in extreme cases.
15 May 2013, 20:06,
I do not trust them.