Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
police do you trust them ???
15 May 2013, 22:22,
RE: police do you trust them ???
(15 May 2013, 17:02)bigpaul Wrote:
(15 May 2013, 16:56)Mortblanc Wrote: Back to where we are now technologically or politically?

the act of "banning" or exile was a death sentence, not just a few days alone in a camp in the lake district.

I was thinking of technology when I said that. everybody knew banning was a death sentence that's why it was only used in extreme cases.

Does that not dispel the myth of the lone wolf survivor in a post SHTF world?
15 May 2013, 23:52,
(15 May 2013, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: ...transgressors usually got banned from the tribe and spent the rest of their lives alone in the wilderness, normally everything was decided by a council of elders of the tribe. I don't think we need governments post shtf...

Didn't some tribes also banish women whose husbands had died?

Isn't a Council of Elders a government?

(I don't necessarily disagree - what we have is broken and is perhaps beyond fixing - I'm just playing devil's advocate) Smile

16 May 2013, 08:42,
(15 May 2013, 22:22)Mortblanc Wrote: Does that not dispel the myth of the lone wolf survivor in a post SHTF world?

not really, if we are talking post collapse, there will be lots of stuff lying about which we can utilise, also most of us see a large die-off so we wouldn't have the scramble for resources we might otherwise have. also we would have more territory to use without bumping into others.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
16 May 2013, 18:42,
That "lots of stuff lying around" could also be bait to lure you in. I don't expect dead bodies will be left around wearing perfectly good clothes and boots, much less watches and rings, and your attire might be just the right size for someone watching. If we were in a SHTF mode and I were to come across something useful and valuable "just lying around", I'd figure that it was placed there by someone with extremely bad intentions and a bullet would be in my head before I could move it two feet. I'd definitely leave it alone, and avoid the area.

"Looting" can be very hazardous to your health. In emergencies here in Texas, looters are shot, not just by law enforcement, but also by the population at large.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
17 May 2013, 15:41,
(16 May 2013, 18:42)Jonas Wrote: That "lots of stuff lying around" could also be bait to lure you in. I don't expect dead bodies will be left around wearing perfectly good clothes and boots, much less watches and rings, and your attire might be just the right size for someone watching. If we were in a SHTF mode and I were to come across something useful and valuable "just lying around", I'd figure that it was placed there by someone with extremely bad intentions and a bullet would be in my head before I could move it two feet. I'd definitely leave it alone, and avoid the area.

"Looting" can be very hazardous to your health. In emergencies here in Texas, looters are shot, not just by law enforcement, but also by the population at large.

i'm definitely NOT interested in dead bodies thank you very much, they've probably got some horrible diseases I don't want and the clothes aren't gonna fit anyway. "Resources" are what I will be looking for, and I will be looking IMMEDIATELY post SHTF not 1 or 3 or 6 months down the line, by the time the starving are looking to find the same thing I will be hunkered down.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 May 2013, 09:06,
I remember the police fire arms team in the SW driving along in their van with the sliding door open and their guns n ammo fell out along a road, naturally no prosecutions followed.

Here is todays police for you in all their professional glory
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...l-van.html

18 May 2013, 09:12,
(16 May 2013, 18:42)Jonas Wrote: That "lots of stuff lying around" could also be bait to lure you in. I don't expect dead bodies will be left around wearing perfectly good clothes and boots, much less watches and rings, and your attire might be just the right size for someone watching. If we were in a SHTF mode and I were to come across something useful and valuable "just lying around", I'd figure that it was placed there by someone with extremely bad intentions and a bullet would be in my head before I could move it two feet. I'd definitely leave it alone, and avoid the area.

"baiting" an area to draw prey to you is the oldest ploy in the book, I too would be very wary.
18 May 2013, 17:58,
saw a programme once where they tied up a goat to lure a tiger in to be shot!......same principle!Big Grin
19 May 2013, 00:16,
I wouldn't take the job for any money (stress,Political Corectness,Criticised for being heavy handed, Criticsed for being too soft) (but it could be a useful job).As for police themselves, I don't think the average copper is the problem, I think that the politically correct senior ones are,Although I would favour an American style system of local police/ sheriffs. I am however worried about the tv licensing goons, SS (Social Services), bailiffs, Enforcement officers and private security who often masquerade as having authority when Infact they have just the same powers as you and me.
19 May 2013, 10:39,
Police - do you trust them?
Loaded question.
It would appear that Policemen and Policewomen were the order of the day in years gone by and their job was to 'uphold the law'.
It seems now that Police Officers are the order of the day and their job does not include upholding the law. Issuing tickets so that we can go to court and be fined etc seems to be the new job.
As has previously been mentioned they are nothing more than the 'strong arm of taxation'.
Back to the question.
I do not trust the 'system' much - now. In the light of my experiences and those of others I probably will not in the future either.