Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
19 May 2013, 09:27,
RE: Devon & Cornwall SUK group.
anybody who is interested can PM me, but until we get more numbers no further action will be taken.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2013, 11:28,
Jeez, guys this doesn't have to be so difficult. BP did the right thing with his original call. Simple and direct.

All he needs to do is dictate a venue and a date and then wait and see who turns up. In my experience those that turn up are commited and at every one I have had a good conversation, mainly about prepping but sometimes about the world in general. You find like minded people with the same concerns as you and you can swap information in a less public environment.

To be perfectly honest I was both surprised and pleased that BP was the one that stepped up to the mark here. He has made his plans for after an event plain and yet he was the one who shouted out. He sees a benefit in making local contacts and was willing to do something. It is unfortunate the discussions went so far. No other RV has had these discussions.

Anyway, I'm suggesting that BP just defines a venue and a date and see what happens. I've enjoyed all of mine and met some interesting characters. I don't see you doing any differently. Go for it. If BP really has given up then someone else can pick this up and go for it but give BP a chance to think about it.

Good luck.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
19 May 2013, 11:33,
SD, I'm sorry but I believe no good deed ever goes unpunished in our community.

19 May 2013, 11:38,
if anyone is interested in an open RV then I and OH will be at The Scythe Fair on Sunday June 9th (details of event on RV and meets page)......as far as the Devon & Cornwall branch is concerned with only 2 members (soon to be 3) living in the D&C area any meets will be on a personal level, I only put this up originally to see what the numbers were......as I didn't have any messages apart from the most obvious ones I can only assume no one else is interested.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
19 May 2013, 16:36,
D&C, Scythe Fair.....be there!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin