Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Paint-on photovoltaics?
14 May 2013, 19:51,
Paint-on photovoltaics?
http://scitechdaily.com/organic-photovol...-as-paint/

Very experimental but does it bring the day of living solar off-grid just a little bit closer for those of us with limited finances, do you think?

14 May 2013, 21:25,
RE: Paint-on photovoltaics?
Interesting,.. but I bet its not on the market in my lifetime,...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.
14 May 2013, 21:36,
In the early eighties on the news was a guy who claimed that he had developed a polymer that when applied to the internal walls of a house , the heating bills would be reduced by 85% ................I am still bloody waiting for it to come out! ...in the papers 3 days later the guy said he had sold the formula for a undisclosed sum to a undisclosed buyer .....?
15 May 2013, 04:35,
(14 May 2013, 21:36)Straight Shooter Wrote: In the early eighties on the news was a guy who claimed that he had developed a polymer that when applied to the internal walls of a house , the heating bills would be reduced by 85% ................I am still bloody waiting for it to come out! ...in the papers 3 days later the guy said he had sold the formula for a undisclosed sum to a undisclosed buyer .....?

I reckon that happens a lot. Industry sector leader sees potential competition, buys it out, buries it. This is a university research team though. Could that happen in this case?

I agree with Highlander on this one though - I ain't gonna be around... Big Grin

15 May 2013, 12:45,
sounds amazing maybe too good to be true.
15 May 2013, 14:10,
I also think this could be quite interesting, but doubt it will become commercial any time soon.