Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Stink free MRE's
15 May 2013, 20:41,
RE: Stink free MRE's
(15 May 2013, 18:15)Highlander Wrote: ^^^^ common sense and second nature to someone with a military background, but not everyone here is military

Very true.

My main concern is to avoid detection even if just for the first few weeks of bugging in before I attempt to bug out to the countryside once all the big conflicts have happened as I'm London based.
16 May 2013, 17:23,
(15 May 2013, 18:15)Highlander Wrote: ^^^^ common sense and second nature to someone with a military background, but not everyone here is military

I realize that not everyone here has a military background, that is why I offered the information.

It is relevant in urban, rural and wilderness situations.

If you are in an urban hide do you thing that no one will be wondering where those new and shiny cans a wrappers in the trash came from? That would be a dead giveaway even if you were using "stink free" foods.

In every conflict we find that these skills and information have been forgotten during the noncombat period between conflicts as veterans retire of leave the service. These little skills are never part of the war stories you hear at the pub.

Creating the new learning curve requires the deaths of many people.

Learning theses skills does not mean you have "gone military", it simply means you have another bit of information that may keep you alive.
22 May 2013, 14:55,
At the moment I'm buying several MRE's a month and putting them in storage while buying plenty of tins and working out a rotation system. Tho tbh if the SHTF best before on a tin won't bother me at all.