Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why we need to watch the sun
17 May 2013, 09:19,
Why we need to watch the sun
Ok, let me explain before the post gets deleted again.
Anyone heard of the Carrington Event 1859?
The telephone wires caught fire and telephone offices burnt down.

Q. What does every house have running through it?

watch from 32min if you get bored easily it's only 36min long

Cheers Juice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ld5ecZuHE...WQ&index=1
walk outside the box
17 May 2013, 10:36,
RE: Why we need to watch the sun
Yup a CME can trigger a devastating overload of power systems, telecoms systems etc and some say it can have a similar effect if conditions are right to a massive EMP burst, most if not all of us are fully aware of the DIRECT threat to our electronic equipment from and EMP pulse by it from a distant nuke or a deliberately generated burst or a CME from the sun, we have all read about how an EMP will in a millisecond turn out technological society back into a Victorian level of technology, but another equally insidious threat created by EMP pulse appears to be getting ignored.

Not being a technogeek I did not fully grasp the clear secondary threat until I saw an info-graphic on a blog last week, but its something like this.

When an EMP overloads electronic circuitry and ruins it, depolarises it, melts it, demagnetises it or in my language it buggers it, BUT research carried out by various American universities and agencies in many DOMESTIC APPLIANCES not only will it toast the device but in many cases it will cause the device to grossly OVERHEAT and in many instances where devices have large amounts of plastic in its structure like TVs, Hair driers, Drills, Vacuum cleaners etc the EMP can and has during tests it BURSTS INTO FLAME.

An EMP can and will in many cases start fires within your home by grossly overheating the appliances affected, So I feel most strongly that as well as putting our vulnerable gear into Faraday Cages but we must also keep far more fire extinguishers strategically placed around the home and retreat, Its no good seeing your radios and flashlights survive the EMP only for them to be destroyed in the following fire.

Please consider adapting your preps accordingly.
17 May 2013, 11:50, (This post was last modified: 17 May 2013, 11:51 by Mandlaka.)
Extinguishers on order...

I had already been thinking of how to fight any fires at home.
This thread only re-inforces my thoughts.

Thanks for sharing this.
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
17 May 2013, 15:26,
Its one reason I do not keep many of my stores in the house, most are outside,.. you cant always be in when trouble hits, you may not be able to do anything about a house fire

I watch `solarham.com` a very interesting site, it logs all the events on the sun,..in fact we are due for a glancing blow tomorrow, not expected to cause any problems
A major part of survival is invisibility.
17 May 2013, 17:16,
in my back garden i have like many of us a waste pipe hatch [ so you can unblock it with those rods] its about 4ft deep with a 12 mill thick cast iron lid, brick sides , thick concrete top.

would it protect your stuff....???
17 May 2013, 22:21,
Over the last few days there has been a few medium CMEs,... but one in particular is a bit stronger, and is due to hit the earth about 1400hrs on the 19th, [ a day after I mentioned above ]

This site shows the predicted `hit` that we will take,.. what I cant see anywhere on this site is what side of the earth it will hit, but its interesting to watch the graphic showing the expanse of the solar wind as it hits, if you dont want to read it all,... the sun is the yellow dot and Earth is the little green dot,.. keep watching to see the CME hit

http://www.solarham.net/cmewatch2.htm
A major part of survival is invisibility.
18 May 2013, 00:03,
Thanks for that HL - watching and waiting with interest...