Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tactical "" Food Stirrer""
17 May 2013, 09:29,
Tactical "" Food Stirrer""
From my files I think I forgot to post it ages ago.

Two preppers who I know moderately gave me an insight into their bug out plans (both fit youngish ex squaddies) they intended to live low key on a pair of neighbouring allotments they live in a small community between Leeds and Manchester (they would not specify where, but it was within only 500 yards of the Leeds / Man canal network.)

They believe they can live very low profile after TSHTF as the allotments are down a severely overgrown path and hardly used or known by anyone cept a few fellow allotment holders.
They have a pram dinghy inc sale and oars to bug out down the canal if needed. They have a large shed that looks (so they say) mankey and overgrown but is fully insulated, water proof and has a wood burning stove in place. They have two 80watt PV panels and two batteries they will deploy WTSHTF.

Anyway the bit that got my attention was their EDC/GHB/BOB bags, I noticed one of them had what looked like a rounders baton in his bag, About 24 inches long, approx 3/4 maybe 5/8 thick solid hard wood with a very thick brass or alloy spoon shaped flat lump on one end. It intrigued me “worrizzit” I enquired and the owner proudly said “ as far as the law is concerned its a long handled food stirring ladle for stirring food in my metal cook pot over a camp fire, its 24 inches long to stop me burning my hand every time I reach over to stir the pot”

He then whacked it very hard on the floor and swung it about quite deftly before continuing with “ However you can see how it extends your reach by 2ft and the lump of brass on the end doesn't half make a good baton”.

Sneeky bugger impressed me cos this “stirrer” is kept with his stiff wire 3 legged folding camp fire tripod, KFS, big tin pot, and other utensils, so if inspected by plod it just looks like a complete camp cooking kit!!

On closer inspection the 24 inch “ stirrer” is a piece of good quality hardwood then has been drilled out its entire length and a piece of 5 mm stainless steel rod has been epoxy resined into place thus greatly stiffing up the “ stirrer” which means it aint going to break if you hit someone with it.

I like lateral thinking.
NR