Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Containerisation
17 May 2013, 22:07,
RE: Containerisation
I like to use empty protein containers. But don't buy it for the container, as they're not cheap!
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 May 2013, 22:11,
The boxes that magazines get delivered to shops are ideal but hard to get hold off.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
17 May 2013, 22:13,
(17 May 2013, 22:11)Metroyeti Wrote: The boxes that magazines get delivered to shops are ideal but hard to get hold off.

Depends how early you wake up haha.

Imagine a box double that size. Those are pharmacutical boxes. Even better, but also even harder to get hold of.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
17 May 2013, 22:21,
(17 May 2013, 22:05)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(17 May 2013, 21:12)Franc Wrote: dont get the collapsable ones, like this.
http://direct.asda.com/ASDA-Black-32L-Fo...lt,pd.html
they collapse at the wrong times. and are useless for storage, if your moving them about on a regular basis.

I have some of these Franc and I've fastened em in the open position with cable ties, I keep some supplies in them, but the ones " obtained" from shops etc often have integral locking mechanisms to stop em folding unless you want them too.

When the company i worked for, was taken over by another, in the retail wars, i was able to obtain quite a few veg/produce trays, they stack very nicely when full or empty, and have slots in the side, so you can see what you have stocked.
17 May 2013, 23:49,
When I trade young plants to or from other gardeners, they always get moved in bread trays. They are the ones the bread gets to the shops in, you can get some racking system one wheels that will move lots of them at once. They are also stackable. Lots of market gardeners that sell to the public at local markets use the same.

If you have decent hight on a van then you can use the racking system. Keep stuff ready to roll if you want. Of not, load trays.