Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
My BOB
21 May 2013, 11:57,
RE: My BOB
(21 May 2013, 11:53)The Ragman Wrote: My new Puppy ripped open my BOB and my GHB and ate all my food supplies and pretty much made the bags unusable... So I guess this is an opportunity to buy new gear, but perhaps by the front door isn't the best place for a BOB when you have puppies.

everybody knows that if you have a new puppy keep stuff on a higher level!! we've all been there....usually its slippers! our dog is now 10 years old and has never been a chewer..no she's a digger instead!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2013, 12:04,
(21 May 2013, 11:53)The Ragman Wrote: My new Puppy ripped open my BOB and my GHB and ate all my food supplies and pretty much made the bags unusable... So I guess this is an opportunity to buy new gear, but perhaps by the front door isn't the best place for a BOB when you have puppies.

Take the puppy, peel and clean the offender thoroughly. Eat the dog if you feel so inclined, and make a new bag from the fur.

What bag were you using? My rotty has had a go at a few things (my £130 UnderArmour speedfreak boots Angry ) but never to the point of destruction. I find the child does far more damage than the dog ever could. Unless it's the dog that puts my wireless PS3 controllers in his waterbowl, and occasionally the bath Huh
21 May 2013, 12:23,
My BOB was an old but reliable Gelert Day pack and the GHB was a Molle Bumbag thingy...But this is the last in a LONG line of digging up, ripping and destroying much or my Prepping related stuff...LOL.

Not sure what bag to get now...it's between the Molle 50L or another Gelert Daypack like the Nebula or maybe even one of the Cargo/Backpack bags.

As much as it's an annoyance I can't hide the fact that looking through all my options and trying out new bags and equipment is making me slightly giddy with nerdish excitement...LOL
21 May 2013, 12:27,
(21 May 2013, 12:23)The Ragman Wrote: trying out new bags and equipment is making me slightly giddy with nerdish excitement...LOL

Hahaha, I know that feeling. I went a bit OTT on bags. Bought a new CamelBak BFM, then the BCB copy (which is just as good, if not better than the CamelBak, and £120 less) then a Karrimor SF Sabre 45.

I need to pull my finger out and get the BFM on ebay, along with the BCB one too.
21 May 2013, 12:40,
(21 May 2013, 12:27)BeardyMan Wrote: I went a bit OTT on bags. Bought a new CamelBak BFM, then the BCB copy (which is just as good, if not better than the CamelBak, and £120 less) then a Karrimor SF Sabre 45.

I'm looking at the knock off version of the CamelBak that's around £25 and Gelert do something similar to the Karrimor, but i've been looking at the Cargo Bag

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-Expeditio...gelert+bag

As I travelled India with something similar and found it very comfortable and I have a small Molle web vest which could clip around it for extra cover and attachments.
21 May 2013, 12:50,
(21 May 2013, 12:40)The Ragman Wrote:
(21 May 2013, 12:27)BeardyMan Wrote: I went a bit OTT on bags. Bought a new CamelBak BFM, then the BCB copy (which is just as good, if not better than the CamelBak, and £120 less) then a Karrimor SF Sabre 45.

I'm looking at the knock off version of the CamelBak that's around £25 and Gelert do something similar to the Karrimor, but i've been looking at the Cargo Bag

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gelert-Expeditio...gelert+bag

As I travelled India with something similar and found it very comfortable and I have a small Molle web vest which could clip around it for extra cover and attachments.

Good price that is. Not sure I'd fancy lugging about 90 litres on my back with those kind of straps though.

I've got this for sale, BNWT for £70 inc delivery