Poll: What do you think is the highest risk?
Economic collapse
Natural space event, Asteroid/Cosmic rays
Natural Earth event, Hurricane, Tornado, Earthquake
Resource shortages
Pandemic
Nuclear attack
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The highest risk
27 September 2011, 14:08,
RE: The highest risk
Ste,

If only the government were honest enough to admit that then there would be less of a problem. There are ways around everything but when you are lying to yourself about the issue there is nothing you can do. All junkies, including power junkies like Cameron, need to accept they have a problem to move on. Why anyone things government is any different is beyond me.

It is frightening but at least we have accepted and are moving towards doing what we can.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
27 September 2011, 14:22,
From another site I look at it was said that the Trader in question on the BBC is reported to be also selling dvd's and hosting seminars about how to make money when the markets are going down, worth bearing in mind that he may have a financial interest when weighing up the validity of what he says.

I'm not saying he's wrong, far from it, just pointing out that he may also have a vested interest.

I think even the most sceptical of people are now starting to realise that the system can't continue in the way it has been no matter what the politicians say, and it's anyones guess how rocky the road is going to be.
27 September 2011, 14:31,
JD,

I don't see that as an issue. Good for him but I suspect he doesn't think it will crash as far as we are preparing for. When the government admits it then there will be a rush for things.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
30 September 2011, 09:08,
Apart from an economic collapse, I see the main threat as a Pandemic as we are long overdue one. Other problems are more local like the weather etc.

I dont buy into the 2012 crap, I leave that for ATS.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.

Every morning, I wake up and thank God I am an Englishman!
29 October 2011, 12:48,
Economic collapse leading to extremist and repressive government ( the EU) is number one on my list. The EU is Orwells nightmare come true.

29 October 2011, 23:25,
i have to agree with that eu a big problem for us all
to win the war, you must be willing to die
30 October 2011, 06:53,
Before Britain went into the EU, we traded with other non-EU countries and done well. We had the support of the Commonwealth, cheap goods from Australia, South Africa, N & S Rhodesia, NZ and Canada. We also traded with Scandinavia. They also supported us during both World Wars. When we went into the EU we virtually turned our backs on the Commonewealth. We virtually slapped them in the face. Its time to leave the EU and trade freely with the rest of the World again. Kenneth Eames
30 October 2011, 10:08,
I remember how wool, butter, lamb, copper and bananas went up by 35% overnight when we joined the EEC

30 October 2011, 18:54,
You are absolutely right. The EU has proven to be a massive millstone aroung the necks of the Brits. And apart from the promise of a referendum before the General Election, the majority of the Parliament have renaged on the deal. We are unable to do anything about it. However the old saying is every dog has his day. Kenneth Eames.
30 October 2011, 19:03,
The EU is getting too big, now we have the financial problems, eventually this whole stupid and fraudulent project will implode and cease to exist and we can get back to our own way of life.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.