Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tragedies need not be large to be devastating
20 May 2013, 09:39, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 09:43 by NorthernRaider.)
Tragedies need not be large to be devastating
Sometimes we may miss out on the big picture because we still do not have the instant access or opportunity to see what is happening regionally.

For example that bad of very heavy rain that swept across the north east on Saturday, It in itself made the news because of the millions in flood damage it caused, a similar figure to the Bostcastle flood of a few years ago.

But note this my friends no one died in the severe very localised flooding in Bostcastle, but whilst media reported on expensive floods from Newcastle to Middlesbrough no one appears to have picked up on what really is a local tragedy.

During the torrential rains a man died in a storm caused car crash on the road out of Hartlepool, around the same time another young man died and two people severely injured in a storm caused crash near Wynyard, meanwhile another older chap died in Darlington cycling in foul weather, as this was going on another person was knocked from his motorcycle in the pouring rain on the A1 on Tyneside and he died, meanwhile over towards Bolden on the A19 another life was lost in yet another crash caused by the bad weather.

Individually and for the families concerned they are personal tragedies, but when you actually view the direct and indirect deaths caused by the storm it becomes something even greater and more tragic.

At least five lives lost and many others hurt in one region and the cause of death was primarily heavy rain!!!!

Now I ask you this , imagine bugging out during a crisis when people probably are already panic striken and the weather turns nasty just think about that very real increased threat to your own safety cos that twat speed in the inside lane tries to overtake into the space you already occupy !!!.

Just be aware it doesnt take nukes, plagues, zombies, or terrorists to wipe you out just a bit of rain and a bit of bad luck.

Food for thought.

Correction TWO people died in the crash on the A1.

20 May 2013, 14:54,
RE: Tragedies need not be large to be devastating
As allways a set of very valid points to consider
20 May 2013, 15:00,
i'm actually amazed(but I shouldn't be) by the idiots driving and cycling through flood water, some of them driving at high speeds too! the only time I came up against flood water I stopped, reversed and went a different way, I think a lot of people actually ask for what they get, like the woman driver who's husband drowned cos she drove into flood water just cos her SAT NAV told her too, most people don't seem to have the brain power necessary to survive.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
20 May 2013, 15:48, (This post was last modified: 20 May 2013, 15:49 by NorthernRaider.)
Yes BP your point is apt, we must always remember that no matter how great our BOV is, how superbly skilled we are, no matter good our plans it only takes one retarded halfit rep or pillock using a cellphone, you dope driving in a panic to wipe us out.

(20 May 2013, 15:48)NorthernRaider Wrote: Yes BP your point is apt, we must always remember that no matter how great our BOV is, how superbly skilled we are, no matter good our plans it only takes one retarded halfit rep or pillock using a cellphone, or dope driving in a panic to wipe us out.

20 May 2013, 16:09,
I have an SOP for rain.

I go take a nap and let Darwin do his work.
20 May 2013, 19:13,
I think a few of us may succumb to the halfwits Sad

Good post NR
21 May 2013, 12:05,
Aye the human factor is soooo unpredictable.