Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Quick anti padlock trick
21 May 2013, 19:00,
RE: Quick anti padlock trick
or a combination padlock.
21 May 2013, 20:11,
Combination padlocks can be cracked very easily, everyone I have had in my hands, I can feel that the combination is going in when turning the wheels.

2 foot of scaffold bar will open a hell of a lot. Hit a padlock with the edge if it driving down and I don't care how much you spend on a padlock, 1-3 hits it is coming open. Unless, as SD has said, the lock is in a box.

Now, the idea of picking a lock or busting one post STHF on what could be some ones store cupboard - that is a good way to get a hole in you. Stealing from anyone when you do not know where they are is not a wise move. If you are going to be stealing from people, plan on making them incapable of defence while you are doing it. Plan on that person being some kind of prepper, survivalist, ex soldier, countryman or what have you. Plan on them hunting you down afterwards to get their gear back.

What are you going to do?

Yeah. Not a wise thing just to have a look in some ones stash.

Now, busting a lock on something that is clearly not being owned or occupied - just bust the lock. As has been said, relock it with one of your own.
21 May 2013, 20:22, (This post was last modified: 21 May 2013, 20:27 by bigpaul.)
(21 May 2013, 20:11)BDG Wrote: Now, the idea of picking a lock or busting one post STHF on what could be some ones store cupboard - that is a good way to get a hole in you. Stealing from anyone when you do not know where they are is not a wise move. If you are going to be stealing from people, plan on making them incapable of defence while you are doing it. Plan on that person being some kind of prepper, survivalist, ex soldier, countryman or what have you. Plan on them hunting you down afterwards to get their gear back.
oh come on BDG, do you think we're all stupid or something? most of us will be charting where all that lovely stuff is NOW so that come TSHTF we can go and liberate it for ourselves, at the same time we are clocking not only the locks, when the place is open and when it is not, but who comes and goes to that location. a lot of the stuff will be abandoned like my BOL locations and industrial units or maybe the person will not have made it thorough "the event" but is dead and no threat to us.
in any case a full recce will have been done, nobody will be going rushing in blindly.

I sometimes think that some people believe that "The Survivors" is an instruction manual!Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2013, 20:28,
which survivors? is the remake any good?
21 May 2013, 20:31,
(21 May 2013, 20:28)Franc Wrote: which survivors? is the remake any good?

nope, the remake is too PC! and BOTH make a lot of mistakes, its more of a way of showing you how NOT to do it! but I suppose its good TV.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
21 May 2013, 22:05,
(21 May 2013, 20:22)bigpaul Wrote: oh come on BDG, do you think we're all stupid or something?

No. Some of you are Walter Mitty types. A lot are in the early stages an learning as much as they can. Some have been doing it for quite some time and while still learning are well on the way. The rest are stupid.
22 May 2013, 11:15,
(21 May 2013, 20:11)BDG Wrote: Now, the idea of picking a lock or busting one post STHF on what could be some ones store cupboard - that is a good way to get a hole in you. Stealing from anyone when you do not know where they are is not a wise move. If you are going to be stealing from people, plan on making them incapable of defence while you are doing it. Plan on that person being some kind of prepper, survivalist, ex soldier, countryman or what have you. Plan on them hunting you down afterwards to get their gear back.

What are you going to do?

Yeah. Not a wise thing just to have a look in some ones stash.

It's not just things that are locked away. Storage yards lock those big gates, scrap yards, any gates. Often sporting locks of some description. You may want to get through the gate without leaving evidence that you have done so. Replacing the lock with one of your own is leaving evidence. Smashing the thing to pieces is leaving evidence.

Unlocking, then relocking and going on your way is just common sense surely? Why leave traces of your route when you do not have to?
22 May 2013, 11:18,
(21 May 2013, 22:05)BDG Wrote: No. Some of you are Walter Mitty types. A lot are in the early stages an learning as much as they can. Some have been doing it for quite some time and while still learning are well on the way. The rest are stupid.

oh I see, you don't have a very high opinion of our members-that wasn't a question that was an observation.
22 May 2013, 12:13,
(22 May 2013, 11:18)bigpaul Wrote:
(21 May 2013, 22:05)BDG Wrote: No. Some of you are Walter Mitty types. A lot are in the early stages an learning as much as they can. Some have been doing it for quite some time and while still learning are well on the way. The rest are stupid.
oh I see, you don't have a very high opinion of our members-that wasn't a question that was an observation.

Before this turns into some bitching argument, which I believe you're both well above that level and wouldn't bother getting into that stupidity, can I just point out that not all observations are accurate, and unless you're learning on the forum then you probably don't play much of a role, unless in a teaching station, in which case you're clearly not stupid. I think BDG was point out that some people enjoy their armchairs and those are stupid being on this forum. While for you BP, whose out in the woods a lot, and prepping daily, his comments don't apply to.

Let's all just be friends.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
22 May 2013, 13:18,
(22 May 2013, 12:13)Scythe13 Wrote:
(22 May 2013, 11:18)bigpaul Wrote:

Before this turns into some bitching argument, which I believe you're both well above that level and wouldn't bother getting into that stupidity, can I just point out that not all observations are accurate, and unless you're learning on the forum then you probably don't play much of a role, unless in a teaching station, in which case you're clearly not stupid. I think BDG was point out that some people enjoy their armchairs and those are stupid being on this forum. While for you BP, whose out in the woods a lot, and prepping daily, his comments don't apply to.

Let's all just be friends.

just an observation me old mucker Scythe!Tongue