Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
URGENT Oklahoma storms watch & learn
21 May 2013, 23:00,
RE: URGENT Oklahoma storms watch & learn
I understand, NR, but I suppose I could be called judgmental.
I find it very objectionable that someone who calls themselves a prepper will do what that guy has done by asking those who are stupid enough to go ahead and fling away their and their family's OPSEC.

Maybe I am just being peevish...Big Grin
Prepper Kid: when will the sheeple wake up to the reality?
Prepper Parent: When it is too late to begin prepping for it.
21 May 2013, 23:27,
(21 May 2013, 22:19)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(21 May 2013, 22:12)Mandlaka Wrote:
(21 May 2013, 21:59)NorthernRaider Wrote:
(21 May 2013, 18:52)preservefreak Wrote: slight change of topic but extreme weather seems to be the focus of the next UK prepper production: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3rWvwyHzHd4

Sheesh they just dont get it do they????, Which prepper in his right mind is going to give away his privacy and OPSEC for fifteen minutes of being humiliated on TV by a TV company interested only in ratings and advertising revenue !!!!! ?

Those who allow NatGeo to access them and hold them up to such ridicule and complete elimination of their OPSEC do not deserve to be called preppers but just idiots...they are sheeple in disguise who would richly deserve whatever they got as a result of going on TV!

I agree but wanted to be polite and not to judgemental Smile I respectfully believe it is wrong for preppers to ask or encourage other preppers to destroy their OPSEC for a few minutes of attention on TV.

Yes but dont underestimate what people or sheeple do for money
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
22 May 2013, 08:55,
I simply do not understand why these clearly quite inteligent people on these shows dont insist on having their names witheld and faces pixelated??, It would not impact on the shows message about prepping but it would maintain their privacy and opsec, unless of course its as others have said they like their 15 minutes of fame.

22 May 2013, 09:10,
(22 May 2013, 08:55)NorthernRaider Wrote: I simply do not understand why these clearly quite inteligent people on these shows dont insist on having their names witheld and faces pixelated??, It would not impact on the shows message about prepping but it would maintain their privacy and opsec, unless of course its as others have said they like their 15 minutes of fame.

15 minutes of fame is too great an opportunity to miss for sheeple to miss...
It's not quite the same if their faces are pixelated and their names withheld..Big Grin

They are obviously intelligent but the sheeple mindset is so strong that they absolutely must throw away their OPSEC even when they must know that it is the foolish thing they could do.

All they can see at the moment is the $$$$$ that NatGeo will pay them and all they can think is BAAAAAAH!!!!

Sheeple will always be sheeple, mes amis.
22 May 2013, 09:44,
Personaly going on tvs not my cup of tea, dont have a good face or the preps. The benefit of people doing youtube vids ect is they can be really useful, the likes of ddp alot of people will have watched it, it could have been one line, or the mention of an event in the show that might have flicked a little switch in there head thats woken them up to whats really going ob.
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
22 May 2013, 10:00,
My thoughts and best wishes go out to all those people impacted by this event. What annoyed me was the Media reporters who descended on these poor people shoving a microphone in their face just after their house and everything they owned was wiped off the face of the Earth and then ask "how do you feel"?
22 May 2013, 10:02,
(22 May 2013, 10:00)Tartar Horde Wrote: My thoughts and best wishes go out to all those people impacted by this event. What annoyed me was the Media reporters who descended on these poor people shoving a microphone in their face just after their house and everything they owned was wiped off the face of the Earth and then ask "how do you feel"?

Typical journo behaviour.
Anything to get a story first!

Ask questions of the victims but bring nothing to help them!
22 May 2013, 10:50,
Journalists, TV reporters, Documentary producers etc all have the morals of the gutter, honest accurate balanced reporting is non existant in the UK these days.