Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Blood Group Compatability
21 August 2012, 20:47,
RE: Blood Group Compatability
How do you find out your blood type? Had blood taken in the past but never got told
21 August 2012, 20:55,
yep im ASmile
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
21 August 2012, 22:18,
Give blood like I do. It's like an annual health check for me.
Anything wrong and they tell the GP.
Me, I'm O Pos and usually around 60% proof.
Slivovitz rules OK!
Hic!
22 August 2012, 00:55,
This might be a problem, I think we need to dig bit deeper and decided if we need to add this information to our files or dismiss it, if he/she is who they claim to be then we must take note.

I now quote:

I have to clarify your blood compatibility chart. Your data is correct if you are referring to packed red blood cell transfusions (typical in-hospital type). But if you are talking about person to person whole blood transfusions your chart is completely incorrect. As a hospital laboratory tech for 10 years I know what I am talking about. If you want correct information then I will be happy to supply that. But if you do not want to believe me (as on Survivalblog.com) then I do hope that your readers do not attempt a person to person blood transfusion based on your recommendations.

[Image: JDPzhkcZnC4ba95sd2jpXO0Ed.jpg]
Do not look for a sanctuary in anyone except your self    ཨོཾ་མ་ཎི་པདྨེ་ཧཱུྃ
22 August 2012, 01:13,
thanks nemesis, more elaboration is more than welcome!

and aside from giving blood and asking your gp, you can pick up a simple blood testing kit for under a tenner Smile
22 August 2012, 09:48,
you can get a blood group test kit from large chemists for around £12 it contains two test one for you and a friend !
22 August 2012, 15:58,
Only thing thats stopping me giving blood is the fact I have been tattoed
22 August 2012, 20:09,
(22 August 2012, 15:58)Metroyeti Wrote: Only thing thats stopping me giving blood is the fact I have been tattoed

shouldnt matter mate, depends on how recent the tattoo was! i think its something like as long as its more than either 6 months or 6 years your fine, i was gonna give blood meself Big Grin

ok quick check on the nhs site

"You should not give blood if:

You've had a tattoo, semi-permanent make up or any cosmetic treatments that involves skin piercing in the last 4 months."

so long as its more than 4 months ago, dont let it stop you giving blood!
22 August 2012, 20:24,
Less than two months,but should be able to donate before my next apointment
22 August 2012, 20:40,
ah fair play Big Grin all good then ^^ good to hear you donate, not enough people do Smile