Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Next Month's Food Experimentation
29 May 2013, 20:35,
RE: Next Month's Food Experimentation
This sounds great. good luck with this.

Crickets love potato,you can get them live or in cans in most pet stores. I dont know much about reptiles, but its probably worth checking out a few reptile forums for advice on how to breed/farm critters as it will be an expensive week for you at £2.50 a tub.you can get a gel to feed them and theres a powder to dust them in fir extra calcium
"A government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take everything you have" Thomas Jefferson
29 May 2013, 22:03,
I seem to recall that John the Baptist feasted on locusts and wild honey

Also see

http://edible-shop.com/shop/insectivore

Mmmm Scorpian Vodka - now that will get my rocks off
30 May 2013, 09:08,
(29 May 2013, 22:03)River Song Wrote: I seem to recall that John the Baptist feasted on locusts and wild honey

This is only a half truth. It's misconstrued. Locust in Israel, is what they call Carob. If you know anything about Carob, you'll probably know it's delicious. As if by magic, carob contains all the vitamins and minerals your body needs. So, to put it bluntly, John the Baptist was living off chocolate and honey! Not a hard lifestyle. It's one of the very little known facts that is often misquoted, for obvious reasons.

If you go to Israel or any other Hebrew speaking country (very limited in options there) you'll find the same thing. Carob = Locust.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
30 May 2013, 09:19,
You not got any cows or sheep in the fields near you?? Wink

Good luck with this one bud, I've seen a few programs about cooking and eating insects. There was a link on here to an article in the guardian that had recipes in it. Apparently quite tasty, but I'm a greed fucker, I'd need a whole plague of locusts / crickets to keep me going!!