Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
H7N9 is now airborne, 25% fatality rate
24 May 2013, 12:26,
H7N9 is now airborne, 25% fatality rate
http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-news/it...d_05232013

Bearing in mide that the Chinese aurthoirites are notoriously stingy about releasing statistics, it is likely to be much worse.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
24 May 2013, 13:03,
RE: H7N9 is now airborne, 25% fatality rate
Well Sir, if I'm not getting condemned for thinking laterally as some folks like to do, I would suggest an airborne strain of a bird flu pathogen must give UK preppers who keep foul grave concern and a shit load more preps to do.

24 May 2013, 13:18,
Ring of Roses
A pocket full of Posies
A-tishoo A-tishoo
we all fall down
24 May 2013, 13:52,
does bird flu actually kill poultry? or just give it the sniffles,

everything i read is human based?

IE if one WERE to keep chickens, even though the keeper had the means to filter air to breathe and keep themselves realatively safe, would the chickens be wiped out?
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
24 May 2013, 14:02, (This post was last modified: 24 May 2013, 14:03 by Franc.)
yes, it will kill poultry, you have more chance of catching it from poultry, than from a human.
On the other hand, its quite rare, and if your birds are free. or semi free ranging, there unlikely to be infected, the main danger is in mass caged, factory chickens. The main danger is contamination via eyes, mouth, nose, and hands. If in doubt, wear gloves, mask, etc, but its not really a big problem in the wild so far. If in doubt, contact a vet.

um, im not a vet, doctor, lawer, or insured against malpratice civil master, so take any advice with a pinch of salt, and chipmunk oil.
24 May 2013, 14:18, (This post was last modified: 24 May 2013, 14:20 by River Song.)
The primary source for this 'news' is the South China Post and contains NO new information.
It was always believed that it was airborne. The real question is "Is there sustained human to human transmission"
and at the moment the answer is no. Indeed the problem has slipped down the ratings and there has been no real news for a week.

And No Franc, it A(H7N9) does not make poultry ill. That's been a huge problem is that we can't see sick chickens. The only response has been to kill all chickens.

As a side issue, another concern is the nCov Sars like virus now spreading through Tunisia.

I'm also not medically qualified but I'm older, fatter and carry £100K worth of Legal Insurance - so sue me !
24 May 2013, 15:04,
I thought the problem with avian flu is that the Chinese(and other Asian races) literaly LIVE WITH their poultry almost like pets like we do with cats and dogs.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 May 2013, 17:35,
(24 May 2013, 15:04)bigpaul Wrote: I thought the problem with avian flu is that the Chinese(and other Asian races) literaly LIVE WITH their poultry almost like pets like we do with cats and dogs.
No not at all BP, it is just that a lot of asian cultures will only consider chicken, rabbitt etc as fresh if they are alive and kicking, so you see lots of them in the markets in cages everywhere you go. They don't use supermarkets widely yet and so every market or small village will have live poultry running around.
24 May 2013, 17:43,
(24 May 2013, 17:35)Tartar Horde Wrote:
(24 May 2013, 15:04)bigpaul Wrote: I thought the problem with avian flu is that the Chinese(and other Asian races) literaly LIVE WITH their poultry almost like pets like we do with cats and dogs.
No not at all BP, it is just that a lot of asian cultures will only consider chicken, rabbitt etc as fresh if they are alive and kicking, so you see lots of them in the markets in cages everywhere you go. They don't use supermarkets widely yet and so every market or small village will have live poultry running around.
I saw pictures on tv of the chickens actually in the houses.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
24 May 2013, 17:56,
(24 May 2013, 17:43)bigpaul Wrote:
(24 May 2013, 17:35)Tartar Horde Wrote:
I saw pictures on tv of the chickens actually in the houses.

There's weirdo's in every culture BPBig Grin