Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ways to keep warm - your ideas are needed
24 May 2013, 21:08,
RE: Ways to keep warm - your ideas are needed
Sounds like Geordie Rob has already made some good preps.

I'd add that, if the gas supply gets squeezed, the domestic supply will be last thing to get restricted. One of the first problems will be electricity generation, especially given that many coal-fired stations are being taken off-line this year, increasing the dependency on gas.

So, as well as all the extra blankets, duvets, etc, think about an off-grid back-up power supply for the essentials such as lighting, central heating pump and, maybe, fridge/freezer.

I'd also add good old woollen blankets. They're versatile, look good and are very warm.
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
24 May 2013, 21:21,
I have a little gas fire on the wall. Behind this is a mini chimney used to remove the gases. If i remove the fire could I use this to build a wood fire or would it be useless?
24 May 2013, 21:26,
Cold Shower, Or Cold Immersion followed by drying and dry clothes. You'll feeling like you're burning with heat all day.

Also Porridge oats
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8