Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
26 May 2013, 05:18,
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
(26 May 2013, 02:28)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: I'm quite a newbie prepper, as many of you will no doubt be aware but I do have a question about this thread. What on earth difference does it make what clothes you wear when the SHTF?

While on clothing, can someone please tell me, what makes a pair of trousers tactical? Colour I understand of course, soldiering for too long not to know what will make me stand out but 'tactical'? There trousers! Tactics are in your mind, not your trousers...

Pardon my faulty grammar - they're trousers...

Personally I avoid anything with the term tactical, I don't like the sound of it (makes me feel like I'm dressing for the Arabian embassy siege).

I like browns and greens, strong earthy colours.Also whenever possible I like 100% cotton.I have regular black snickers cargo pants for work, they're a cotton and cordura mix.Very tough and hard wearing with plenty of pocket space,and a brown pair for my street wear (these cost £29 and are very good).

For boots I like caterpillar, my last two pair cost £26 each in a closing down sale and I've been wearing the first pair for over a year, plenty life left in them.

Wool socks,an assortment of cotton vests,shirts and t shirts (a vest and 2 t shirts keeps me warm even in the depths of a Consett winter)
A hard wearing leather jacket covers most of my needs,though I do have full armoured leather bike gear (for the bike) and a sturdy pair of Altberg boots which are absolutely superbly hard wearing and water resistant.

Also I avoid cammo ,purely to avoid standing out,since I don't dress for fashion I like to stick to tough hardwearing gear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion - by Talon - 26 May 2013, 05:18