Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
26 May 2013, 10:46,
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
(26 May 2013, 07:40)River Song Wrote: I think someone said that the first rule of defence is to be invisible.
Sadly, camo, whether brown/green or urban blues/greys does not make you invisible
it makes you stand out like a sore thumb

Personally I go for black as far as possible - I respectfully disagree with NR that it is a shoot me colour.
It is very neutral.

Baselayer = Bladerunner t-shirt. NB - Bladerunner material is NOT stab proof - they are slash proof.
Shirt + Jumper.
I have as top layer a Berghaus Gore-Tex jacket. Very non-descript and very windproof and rainproof.
In winter - it is lined with something warm.
Trousers? - I dont wear jeans. I dislike the feel of them on my beautiful legs.
I recently started wearing cargo pants - Oh my - what a revelation. All those pockets!. I can do without
a handbag. Got a lovely pair from M+S - and then I discovered ScrewFix.
They have these black working trousers called "SITE" Beagle at £16.99 with a special until 3rd June 2013
of two pairs for £22. If I've got a serious rain problem to contend with then a pair of slip-on Berghaus
over trousers.
Shoes? Well I've never been Imelda Marcos darling and white stilettos don't work in a SHTF situation innit!
Any decent boot that's comfortable.

Thats it for me

Also my mother told me the golden rule ....

"Black goes with anything darling"

I had a look at the slash proof t-shirts and they're quite expensive 60 quid for a long sleeved one. Would you recommend it?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion - by Mopster - 26 May 2013, 10:46