Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
26 May 2013, 18:23,
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
For many years I was among that group of people that operated under a dress code requirement.

I found that a set of coveralls in my desk filled the requirement for emergency wear and the gear I could not carry in my pockets was fine in my briefcase.

There was separate stand alone gear in my vehicle.

Depending on the time of year in my area the clothing requirement for "blending in" will change. At this time of year in my rural setting it is Jeans and camo tee shirt. Autumn or winter, during hunting season, it is full camo.

Mossy oak is our state color.

You have spring and fall turkey seasons that require camo, and fall to early winter deer season that requires camo and summer fishing and varmint hunting season which requires camo. But that is just for us retired guys that no longer wear a suit to work.

Some of the things on NR list I do not worry with. Most if it is on the keychain or in the pockets. I do not carry a map as normal equipment. I have an extensive road network to mark my boundaries and a simple watchband compass will get me home.

Paracord is carried as my woven belt. No "survival tin" whatever that might be.

And we are very much vehicle oriented over here. Meaning anywhere we go there is a vehicle involved and most preppers are pretty well equipped once in their rigs. One of my British friends almost had heart failure last fall when she realized my entire shooting club had jumped into their vehicles to go change the 100m targets.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion - by Mortblanc - 26 May 2013, 18:23