Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
27 May 2013, 18:55,
RE: Best SHTF clothes question and discussion
SHELL SUITS.....that's so 80s darling!!Tongue
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2013, 07:34,
I said it to be OTT !..as in you are your own boss....wear what the F'#k keeps you alive !! I still prefer camo tho ....as long as its "tactical".......sorry I meant practical !!
28 May 2013, 08:26,
(28 May 2013, 07:34)RoadWarrior Wrote: I still prefer camo tho ...

yeah me tooBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2013, 15:40,
Post SHTF I'm going "tackle out"

Let's just hope it's warm.
28 May 2013, 15:41, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2013, 15:42 by bigpaul.)
(28 May 2013, 15:40)BeardyMan Wrote: Post SHTF I'm going "tackle out"

watch some eagle don't swoop down and peck it off!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

we can always rely on you to "raise" the tone of the debate BM!Big Grin
28 May 2013, 16:16,
(28 May 2013, 15:41)bigpaul Wrote:
(28 May 2013, 15:40)BeardyMan Wrote: Post SHTF I'm going "tackle out"

watch some eagle don't swoop down and peck it off!!Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin

we can always rely on you to "raise" the tone of the debate BM!Big Grin

I do my best Big Grin

But regarding the clothes, whatever you have to hand is a good start. Most of my gear is Blackhawk / 5.11 (cause I can wear it to work) and camo gear. But it's not the clothing that's important, it's the footwear IMO.
28 May 2013, 23:26,
It is a fairly simple issue. Wear what is suitable for the situation, present or prospective and wear what ever blends in with the surroundings, whether that be the physical environment or the mental perceived view of other people in the area. These last two can be very different!
If you think black tactical kit worn in an urban street in daytime is appropriate, then good luck to you. If you think camo gear and a full kitted bergan is sensible moving through urban areas or even some other areas in daylight, then the same again. If you want to intimidate people, then do it only when it is necessary as an element of surprise or you could well just be attracting attention. The attention of a sizable group a far bigger deal than a few individuals. No attention at all is better.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
29 May 2013, 06:38,
There's also the element of age to be considered. Standard 'yoof' urban outfit might stand out like a sore thumb on a 65 year old.
Personally a black/dark blue gore-tex style jacket with black.dark blue cargo pants and a decent pair of boots does it for me.

Couple that with a decent lipstick and shades and the girl is ready to rock and roll
29 May 2013, 06:50,
I was actually thinking about this thread last night.

I think it's wrong of us to assume that we will have a chance to change into our ideal "bug out" costume.

Chances are, when tshtf, you'll be in the worst possible place for a cheeky wee wardrobe change.

If you are bugging in, then surely your normal attire would be best suited to your environement....

as for militarty bergens etc, i dont think it matters what you are carrying, you just have to be ready to defend yourself when someone wants whats on your back!
in some cases, those with the least to say, say the most.....
29 May 2013, 08:17,
(29 May 2013, 06:50)Binnie Wrote: I think it's wrong of us to assume that we will have a chance to change into our ideal "bug out" costume.

Chances are, when tshtf, you'll be in the worst possible place for a cheeky wee wardrobe change.

Thats why i wear cargos EDC and approach shoes and outdoor jacket.