Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Herbal first aid.
26 May 2013, 10:44,
Herbal first aid.
Pure LOCAL honey(not the supermarket stuff) as local as possible, wound healer, sweetener and cure all. Thyme:anti-microbial, anti bacterial. Garlic: anti biotic. Lavender:relaxing,headache, insect bites,stings,cuts and grazes. Meadowsweet: anti inflammatory painkiller. Pot Marigold(Calendula officianalis):easy to grow annual, antiseptic,wound healer,anti fungal. Aloe Vera: wound healer,small burns, have one on kitchen window sill. Get a basic herbal book, learn it and KNOW your herbs and plants. OH is the Herbal Queen, ask any questions and i'll try and get an answer for you.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
26 May 2013, 19:55,
RE: Herbal first aid.
Thanks for this, BP.

I'm just starting on this area now, looking to plant as many herbs as I can squeeze into pots and spare corners of the garden. I already have:
mint (decongestant, also good for stomach aches and chest pains),
basil (asthma, stress, also antiviral),
lemon balm (sedative, good for mental alertness, plus anti-bacterial)
chamomile (soothing, anti-sceptic, anti-inflammatory - and apparently good for piles!)
plus lavender, thyme, rosemary, chives, marjoram etc but haven't yet tried growing garlic. Any tips on how to do it?

Echinacea is the one I want most - shortens colds, helps coughs and respiratory problems, good for sore throats and headaches - but I've had no luck with it so far. It seems it needs a LOT of sun, as well as a very deep container for the long roots. Sad
27 May 2013, 09:47,
a good company to buy your prepared stuff from is ZIPVIT.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
27 May 2013, 21:10,
(26 May 2013, 10:44)bigpaul Wrote: Pure LOCAL honey(not the supermarket stuff) as local as possible, wound healer, sweetener and cure all. Thyme:anti-microbial, anti bacterial. Garlic: anti biotic. Lavender:relaxing,headache, insect bites,stings,cuts and grazes. Meadowsweet: anti inflammatory painkiller. Pot Marigold(Calendula officianalis):easy to grow annual, antiseptic,wound healer,anti fungal. Aloe Vera: wound healer,small burns, have one on kitchen window sill. Get a basic herbal book, learn it and KNOW your herbs and plants. OH is the Herbal Queen, ask any questions and i'll try and get an answer for you.

Thanks for that BP can you ask your OH if theres is anything that would help with Rheumatoid arthritis thank you
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
27 May 2013, 21:16,
If you're looking for herbal remedies then buy The Green Pharmacy by Dr. James A. Duke

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Green-Pharma...n+pharmacy

it is packed full of remedies and what herbs etc cure them and it's listed by aliment.
28 May 2013, 08:29,
(27 May 2013, 21:10)TheFalcon Wrote:
(26 May 2013, 10:44)bigpaul Wrote: Pure LOCAL honey(not the supermarket stuff) as local as possible, wound healer, sweetener and cure all. Thyme:anti-microbial, anti bacterial. Garlic: anti biotic. Lavender:relaxing,headache, insect bites,stings,cuts and grazes. Meadowsweet: anti inflammatory painkiller. Pot Marigold(Calendula officianalis):easy to grow annual, antiseptic,wound healer,anti fungal. Aloe Vera: wound healer,small burns, have one on kitchen window sill. Get a basic herbal book, learn it and KNOW your herbs and plants. OH is the Herbal Queen, ask any questions and i'll try and get an answer for you.

Thanks for that BP can you ask your OH if theres is anything that would help with Rheumatoid arthritis thank you
white willow bark (painkiller) is kinder on your stomach than the commercial ones, available from ZIPVIT.