Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
whats the best current multitool
28 May 2013, 00:08,
whats the best current multitool
Looking to get one guys in your opinion what's the best one on the market at the moment cheers Dave
28 May 2013, 08:46,
RE: whats the best current multitool
Not sure which one the best ( theres a few to choose from ) but I would look at what you want to get out of a multi tool.

It depends on what you want on it I think, I like the idea of having a small saw as part of a multi tool, but that’s just me.

I’ve got a Leatherman Blast which is good and also a Leatherman micra for a key ring, they`re ok and do the job just fine for me.

I also have a Victorinox SwissFlame Swiss Army Knife .which has come in handy more than a few times
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pts5MRJk1sY
28 May 2013, 10:04,
I like Gerber Multi Pliers, their single handed operation makes them a joy to use, AND they can be easily field stripped for cleaning, mtce and modification. I used to prefer Leathermans I have a wive at the mo, but Leatherman assemble their tools with 6 point sectiruty torx fittings and not only is it hard to get the torx bits off that type the wave was over tightened in the factory and is very hard to deploy the tools. I also had the Victorinox SA multi tool it was a beaut but far to bulky and heavy for me. I've also got a Gerber Legend which is a nice enough tool but I still have a few reservations about the stamped metal tool ecuring springs reliability. so for me the Gerber Multi plier single handed opener is the inner.

28 May 2013, 13:03,
I don't think there is ever going to be a single BEST multi-tool.

Having said that, I believe, with hand on heart, that the multitool with the best VALUE FOR MONEY is the Stanley Multi-Tool, available at Screwfix. It costs about £10 and gives you great build quality and much more!

I've posted about it after my own research.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 May 2013, 13:12, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2013, 13:14 by Spandex228.)
I've got a Leatherman and recently sent it in to get it repaired and they sent me a brand spanker for new, the only reason it needed repairing was due to my misuse

Forgot to mention Whitby knives uk are uk agents for Leatherman etc!
28 May 2013, 20:15,
I have never come across the need for a multi tool, and at the moment I dont understand the importance that many of you put into one, because from what I see of multi tools, much of what is included in them would be rarely used

Two of my knifes have blades [ of course ], a gutting tool and a saw which seems about right for me
A major part of survival is invisibility.