Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy to be Prepping
28 May 2013, 15:21,
RE: Happy to be Prepping
Great Post LL.

I've never seen so many thanks on a single post! Nearly more thanks than there were words in the post haha.

I have been reading a lot about Greek Poetry, inspired by something I heard on Radio4 the other day. It spoke about a poet who said he would buy an island for his wife to give her a paradise. He then goes on to describe his own paradise, which is to wake up and see her next to him. Like him, I have a paradise, which is waking up next to my wife everyday. To hold her in my arms. To kiss her softly. She is my paradise.

She is why I prep.

I believe, rightly or wrongly, that I am able to survive pretty well with the skills I've learned over the years, by the strength of my body, and the capacity of my brain and imagination. However, I also believe that I want to make that as easy as possible for my wife. There is no reason she should have to suffer and go through daily effort to survive.

For my wife, I want a much easier life. One where there is not the battle for food. Where there are going to be easy days, enjoyable moments, and smooth transitions. I do not want her to suffer.

Whenever she looks at me with those big blue eyes, I know I have to prep harder, work better, focus more, build more, harvest more, plant more, collect more, save more, invest more, develop more, and become better at all the above.

I prep for her.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
28 May 2013, 15:22, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2013, 15:24 by bigpaul.)
you little softie Scythe!TongueBig GrinAngel

I prep because I WILL survive, I will do EVERYTHING I have to to make it happen, nothing more nothing less.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2013, 20:09,
Why do we prep?,.................... all the kids have left home and dont really understand what we do, even after several failed explanations so there is only the two of us,.. yet it is still the kids that are almost always in our preper thoughts, because we know that if something serious happened, they would come running back to mum and dad,.. grand kids in tow if at all possible

We are also preping for one other local couple, its just that they dont know it, but if something happened we will invite them to share what we have,..why?, not just because they are friends, but he is also a local gamekeeper with more than a couple of rifles..Smile

There is also another far less important reason we prep, .. we find it enjoyable, a sort of hobby, we look forward to new ideas, doing new things and buying more stuff,... I think this is translated into the feel good factor, a sort of secure feeling knowing that we are doing the best we can
A major part of survival is invisibility.
28 May 2013, 21:00,
I wouldn't describe myself as a hard-core prepper, but I intend to survive and take my family and friends with me (neighbours too, kicking and screaming if need be). I will not be put down, dismissed or dismayed by the tw*ts in Government and their insane and insentitive behaviour. I intend to pursue my life to the best of my ability. Barring an unavoidable catastrophe or Act of Deity, I have no intention of caving in or giving up. Not on my watch!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.