Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happy to be Prepping
27 May 2013, 23:32,
RE: Happy to be Prepping
What a wonderful post, I am lifted up and inspired, WELL DONE LOU five stars for you
28 May 2013, 10:06,
Very inspirational Lou, damn good post.

28 May 2013, 10:45,
Blimey!!! Thanks so much, everyone - you're all being very kind, and if we had a bright red 'embarrassed' smiley I'd be using it.

But what I'd really love to know is how more experienced preppers feel about things - what you like about it, and how you keep going when you get a fit of the flats. If people post something here every time they have one of those 'good' moments, it could be a useful place to come when we're having a bad day.

I don't mean all rainbows and sparkly unicorns, but often just the ordinary, mundane things. For instance - does anyone else find that their home has got less 'cluttered' since they started prepping? In making space for my preps I've got rid of all kinds of useless lumber - and what can't be converted I've been flogging on e-Bay. It's a great 'clean' feeling, like a fresh start every day.

What kind of things do it for YOU?

Louise
28 May 2013, 10:59,
What kind of things do it for YOU?

Louise

Looking at my sleeping wife and child always gets me motivated they are my world, and the few hard core number of fellow preppers who always shine through when they are needed and inspire me and enlighten me.

Its easy for me unfortunately to become cynical and demotivated because I've been doing this for such a long long time and I often get worn down by the repetition, broken promises and armchair preppers. But then I look at my family who I worship then others like Skeane Dhude, AL, Highlander,Preserve freak, Tarrel, Spandex, Big Paul and the other good, commited and reliable folks always chip in to make things work and to motivate me again. For ever ten new preppers there is always at least one who shines brightly and gives me cause to be inspired, motivated and encouraged I learn new things every day from these folks.

28 May 2013, 11:14,
YES. That's a really moving and inspiring post, NR. Thanks so much for sharing it.
28 May 2013, 11:16,
personally, I try and do ONE thing per day to add to my preps, dosent mean buying things, it could be resorting my emergency bag, planting something in the garden, or as i'm doing later starting my log store. I don't get depressed its not in my vocabulary, EVERY day is a GOOD day to my mind,and whilst I've got people like NR,SD, BM and SS around me who could possibly get depressed?Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2013, 12:51,
Yep - but there's something else you do, BP, which you probably don't think twice about.

Hardly a day goes by without your posting something here. An idea, a comment, a link to an interesting article you want to share. There's a sturdy group of about a dozen of you who've been doing this for months (and even years) - and what you may not realize is that you're not only strengthening the community here, you're also chucking out helpful and inspiring information to the many lurkers who haven't yet dared to join.

When I come here I always start by looking at 'Today's Posts'. If that ever came up blank I'd feel oddly isolated, as if this whole thing didn't matter. People like you keep it ticking and keep it alive. We all want to look after ourselves and our families, but has it never occurred to you that just by posting here you're also helping OTHER people and THEIR families? In society you may well be 'marginal', but here you're right in the heart of the engine room.

You and NR have both pointed out the inspiration of other preppers. I'm just taking advantage of newbie tolerance to point out that YOU'RE TWO OF THEM.

Louise
28 May 2013, 13:08, (This post was last modified: 28 May 2013, 13:09 by bigpaul.)
your talking to the wrong person!Angel

you might have guessed i'm a bit P'eed off today(see civil unrest post).
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
28 May 2013, 13:29,
(28 May 2013, 13:08)bigpaul Wrote: you might have guessed i'm a bit P'eed off today(see civil unrest post).

Saw it already. That's why I thought this needed saying... Wink
28 May 2013, 14:06,
(28 May 2013, 13:29)Little Lou Wrote:
(28 May 2013, 13:08)bigpaul Wrote: you might have guessed i'm a bit P'eed off today(see civil unrest post).

Saw it already. That's why I thought this needed saying... Wink

OKBig Grin