Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Feeling safer in a dangerous world.
4 June 2013, 00:09,
RE: Feeling safer in a dangerous world.
[/quote]

but I DO have a choice, it depends on where you are, I am nowhere near a big city or even a large town.

I do NOT trust people.
[/quote]

De ja vue..
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
4 June 2013, 11:42,
(3 June 2013, 23:17)Scythe13 Wrote: I get what you're saying BP, but it seems you are against lawlessness, but also harbour a negative view of the policing system that currently hold that lawlessness at bay. Note, the riots were 3 years ago.

I don't want WROL but if I have to I will defend me and mine, I used to admire the police but that stopped about 1990, the modern coppers are in it for what they can get, money, promotion and power, they don't give a s#it about you or me!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 10:01,
(3 June 2013, 23:17)Scythe13 Wrote: Lawlessness will continue until someone instigates a rule of law, probably controlled via either a police system, dictatorship, or military rule (half dictator, heavily armoured police).

Don't agree. We had moral laws in place long before that. We are not starting from scratch.

(3 June 2013, 23:17)Scythe13 Wrote: Yes they ran away in the riots, but they regrouped and eventually the riots stopped. I get what you're saying BP, but it seems you are against lawlessness, but also harbour a negative view of the policing system that currently hold that lawlessness at bay. Note, the riots were 3 years ago.

The riots always stop on their own. People get fed up and go home. So regrouping didn't really have that much of an impact.

The policing systems doesn't hold that lawlessness at bay. It is peoples morals are their support of the laws.

There are more and more people that are not following the laws and once they cross the line they find it easier to do so every day. Eventually, either the police will step up and hold it at bay or there will be vast areas where they are unable to go.

And nobody sensible wants WROL. OK it would be handy at first as we right a few injustices but then t turns into who is the strongers, most ruthless and that benefits no one.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 June 2013, 10:26, (This post was last modified: 11 June 2013, 10:28 by NorthernRaider.)
In parts of the US from Colorado, remote areas of Texas up to Montana and Idaho, huge swaithes of Canada, the Northern Territories, Alaska, Scotland, Scots isles the police presence if often many hour or days away and often only if the weather will let the cops fly or boat in, but those remote communities maintain civilised behaviour and rule of law. And is no coincidence that in many places the public faith in the law is in terminal decline, they see the police as agents of the state rather than keepers of the peace. or worse utterly inept and incompetant and not to be trusted or contacted.

EG http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...harge.html