Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How was your fitness this time last year?
4 June 2013, 08:07,
RE: How was your fitness this time last year?
Fitness last year wasn't great but it was still better than this year. I really, really need to get back into it!

Ter
4 June 2013, 09:35,
Probably about the same. Maybe I'm a bit stronger. Back in 2007 I was 88kg. In 2009'i was 70 kg. now im about 83, but I can lift more, bench more and run for longer etc. I'd say compared to this exact moment last year I'm stronger and fitter so woo.
4 June 2013, 14:21,
Last year, I was a little fitter than I am now. Next year, I'll be a bit less so.

7 years ago, I was in decent nick for 53, kept quite active, then a couple of old injuries reared their heads and I'm paying for my mis-spent youth. Big Grin The problem is now not operable and degenerative so year on year, I will be a little less able than the year before. I work hard at keeping my weight down to around 90 kilos, not so easy when you're not burning too many calories!

Now, most of my time is spent in a hospital bed in our converted dining room, which is now 'ma wee hoose'. I have a powered wheelchair (those batteries have got to be of good use for something come the time! Smile) which gets me round the ground floor when I need to and occasionally, gets me out in the fresh air.

I read with just a tiny bit of envy all of the preparations you guys (and gals) are able to make and of all the activities you take part in to help you prepare for what I now see, is the inevitable. I'm a wee bit jealous but not downhearted. I'm learning, I'm starting to gather in and I have you lot!

That'll do for now...