Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
INTERNET ARMCHAIR COMMANDO WARRIORS: your biggest threat WTSHTF
18 July 2013, 23:01,
RE: INTERNET ARMCHAIR COMMANDO WARRIORS: your biggest threat WTSHTF
Guy comes up behind you, bang. You don't live long enough to hear the gun shot. That'll really ruin your day!

Best to know thy enemy, then avoid them like the plague.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
18 July 2013, 23:29,
(31 May 2013, 14:01)bigpaul Wrote:
(31 May 2013, 13:55)Prepper1 Wrote: This is what me and a few others have been pointing out with regards to the looking like youve prepped, with your mollie gear, and paracord bracelet etc...
Heres a quick test for all you non believers out there.

Look at the average joe off the street. he's pretty much wearing what he would should shtf, well maybe a bin bag or two would be added and a few lidl bags....

NOW put all the gear on YOU would be wearing post shtf, be honst, wear all that mollie with the cammo backpack and the camel rehydration system if youve got it and were going to wear it.

Now who looks prepared and likely too have stuff these armchair warriors are going to shoot for it?

I'm not saying we should dump the carimor cougar for an aldi bag but look at your kit see what you could camoflage to look like the grey man not a prepared person of interest.

Good answer P1, but unless we are bugging out(and then get the hell out as fast as we can), will we be wearing all that gear?, most of us will be bugging in, low profile, wear an old ripped jacked and faded jeans to look like everyone else if you HAVE to go out. again its back to OPSEC prior to SHTF-tell no one you've got preps, like they said in the last war "Walls have ears!"

At the end of the day, camouflage is supposed to allow you to blend in to your surroundings. If the surroundings are a post-SHTF chaos populated by desperate people who have only managed to grab what they can put in a carrier bag, well, maybe that's what we need to look like. (On the surface, that is).
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
18 July 2013, 23:56,
(18 July 2013, 23:29)Tarrel Wrote: At the end of the day, camouflage is supposed to allow you to blend in to your surroundings. If the surroundings are a post-SHTF chaos populated by desperate people who have only managed to grab what they can put in a carrier bag, well, maybe that's what we need to look like. (On the surface, that is).

Maybe the best urban post-riot camo will be to look poor, stupid, and carry something worthless on your shoulder.

Who is going to steal your backpack when you are making so much effort to carry a clothes airer.
19 July 2013, 00:04,
(18 July 2013, 23:56)Steve Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 23:29)Tarrel Wrote: At the end of the day, camouflage is supposed to allow you to blend in to your surroundings. If the surroundings are a post-SHTF chaos populated by desperate people who have only managed to grab what they can put in a carrier bag, well, maybe that's what we need to look like. (On the surface, that is).
Maybe the best urban post-riot camo will be to look poor, stupid, and carry something worthless on your shoulder.

Who is going to steal your backpack when you are making so much effort to carry a clothes airer.

Nobody will steal your stuff, they'll just kick the crap out of you and set you on fire. Best bet, just get away from most people. This is why working in a group is a good idea. Safety in numbers.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
19 July 2013, 00:15,
(18 July 2013, 17:06)Barneyboy Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 16:28)Mortblanc Wrote: First flag of the Confederacy.

http://home.freeuk.com/gazkhan/blank_national.htm

you guys in the south do no you lost the war, right

Who told you it was over?

The present situation is simply a break between battles.
19 July 2013, 00:33,
(18 July 2013, 23:56)Steve Wrote: [quote='Tarrel' pid='64636' dateline='1374186587']
At the end of the day, camouflage is supposed to allow you to blend in to your surroundings. If the surroundings are a post-SHTF chaos populated by desperate people who have only managed to grab what they can put in a carrier bag, well, maybe that's what we need to look like. (On the surface, that is).

Hey Steve - I'm already there.. and that thing on my shoulder - is a "chip"!! Steal that if you can.. I havn't been able to lose it yet no matter how many times I tried... lol

What do you know, I was already sporting the best urban post-riot camo look and all this time I didn't even realise... Wow. lol. That's yangtastic :-)
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
20 July 2013, 16:35,
One of the popular items here in the US is "vanity" auto license plates with the owner's amateur radio call sign as the license plate number. Not exactly what I'd want on my car if I was "bugging out".
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
20 July 2013, 16:42,
(20 July 2013, 16:35)Jonas Wrote: One of the popular items here in the US is "vanity" auto license plates with the owner's amateur radio call sign as the license plate number. Not exactly what I'd want on my car if I was "bugging out".

I've noticed similar stuff on US plates that say stuff like " Armed prepper" and "Tennessee prepper" etc along with some rather unwanted attention attracting bumpef stickers like NRA and KKK etc. But on occasion I have noticed some more subtle and low profile stickers like a small ZS 123 ( Zombie Squad preppers) and EDC ( EDC forums.com) decals place low and obscure to help members of those groups identify fellow members.

As for myself and some RVs and gatherings I simply hang a printed card off my sun visor that says NR / SUK.NET in modest sized print to help those I've arranged to meet find my vehicle.

20 July 2013, 16:43,
(19 July 2013, 00:04)Scythe13 Wrote: Nobody will steal your stuff, they'll just kick the crap out of you and set you on fire. Best bet, just get away from most people. This is why working in a group is a good idea. Safety in numbers.

best way is to avoid people period, if you hear them coming go the other way, if you see them coming-hide, avoid confrontation at all costs, fighting is the last resort.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
22 July 2013, 19:54,
(19 July 2013, 00:15)Mortblanc Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 17:06)Barneyboy Wrote:
(18 July 2013, 16:28)Mortblanc Wrote: First flag of the Confederacy.

http://home.freeuk.com/gazkhan/blank_national.htm

you guys in the south do no you lost the war, right

Who told you it was over?

The present situation is simply a break between battles.

nice one dude Big Grin
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!