Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Wild Camping / BOB
2 June 2013, 18:18,
My Wild Camping / BOB
Thought I would share with people my latest camping setup.

Although I do want to prepare as such, I feel that with my latest kit I can kill two birds with one stone so to speak.
Both my wife and I like camping but decided that we would like to get away from the traditional campsites and start doing some wild camping.

Because of this I have looked at trying to create a good lightweight pack that I could carry alone or easily shared with my wife. This kit has the added bonus of being a ready to go bug out bag if required.
As we done a lot of site camping we have a large 4 person tent, large mutlifuel cooker, camp beds, etc. All things that I had previously to looking at prepping.

Some things weren't cheap and took a bit of saving up for. So going to enjoy a bit more of the outdoors and getting some quality use out of it.

The tent, sleeping bag and rucksack were from 'Decathlon' in the UK, with many of these items coming with 2-3 year guarantees. Other items were searched down for best price, such as discounted or on the 'Fleabay'.

Havent tried the tent yet or seen any other reviews, but is very compact and light, yet put up in 5 mins.

Forclaz 40 Air Backpack QUECHUA, weighs 1.55kg - £34.99 online
Quechua Water bladder for above backpack.
QuickHiker Ultralight 3 Person Hiking Tent, weighs 2.6kg - £199.00
5° Light Hiking Sleeping Bag, weighs 1.2kg - £49.99
Titanium pot, weighs 0.13kg
Edelrid Hexon multifuel stove, weighs 0.25kg and fits inside my titanium pot - £99.00
Alpkit numo sleeping mat, weighs 0.47kg - £40.00
Katadyn hiker pro, weighs 0.32kg - £59.00

Total so far is 6.5kg excluding food, water, clothes, knife, etc.

[img][Image: IMG_0447_zpse64fef93.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_0452_zpse3ad80af.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_0453_zpsf52120f9.jpg][/img]

[img][Image: IMG_0455_zps2be6f399.jpg][/img]

[Image: IMG_0456_zps97d36f49.jpg]

[img][Image: IMG_0457_zps7df8c01c.jpg][/img]
2 June 2013, 18:37,
RE: My Wild Camping / BOB
looks interesting you'll have to let us know how the tent and bag stands up to the great british weather
2 June 2013, 20:04,
cool dog.
2 June 2013, 20:05,
that's what I thought too, bit of a character I expect?Big Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
2 June 2013, 20:31,
Looks like a great lightweight set-up. Just shows that you don't have to spend a fortune.

Tent fabric looks interesting. Is it sil-nylon?
Find a resilient place and way to live, then sit back and watch a momentous period in history unfold.
2 June 2013, 20:53, (This post was last modified: 2 June 2013, 21:00 by Dancer.)
That's my minature schnauzer 'Dora'. Amazing temparament, but does bark a bit. Rolleyes

Not sure on the tent fabric as Quechua who make it have a wierd way of specifying the water proofing. However we have a 4 berth family version tent made by them that has stood up to some long duration heavy rain no problem.

Waterproofing = Laboratory approved (WHOLE TENT under 200 litres/hr/sq m!) and field tested.

Here is a manufacturers clip of the tent getting setup. Music is cheesy though.

Went up easy and also actually managed to get it back in its bag no problem.