Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild camping areas
3 June 2013, 10:59,
RE: Wild camping areas
(3 June 2013, 10:49)Sunna Wrote: try camping where you should not and gain experence bugging out with your head down .
wot s the worst that can happen [get orf my land ] asked to leave

people decided to have a picnic on a farmers field, without permission, he got the muck spreader out...they soon movedBig GrinBig Grin
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 June 2013, 15:24,
I was thinking about wild camping in the new forest anyone done this or has any pointers
Todays mighty oak is just yesterdays nut that held its ground
In the land of the blind the one eyed man is king
4 June 2013, 13:19, (This post was last modified: 4 June 2013, 13:21 by BeardyMan.)
(3 June 2013, 15:24)TheFalcon Wrote: I was thinking about wild camping in the new forest anyone done this or has any pointers

Aye, don't!

You'll get a visit from the FC and moved on Sad

(3 June 2013, 10:02)bigpaul Wrote:
(2 June 2013, 23:22)Tarrel Wrote: It's actually legal to wildcamp on Dartmoor. Many people wildcamp in the Lake District or high pennines.

wild camping is NOT legal on Dartmoor, its just NOT policed, NO open fires are allowed due to the gorse, if you keep a low profile you generally get ignored by the rangers.that has been my experience anyway.

Wild camping is okay on Dartmoor, there's even a handy booklet which tells you the best spots!

Currently doing my research for a few nights there in August
5 June 2013, 19:21,
hi, have a look on the http://www.bushcraftuk.com forums for places to wild camp. dartmoor being
among them.
9 June 2013, 13:27,
I camp where I want and accept the risk
10 June 2013, 02:52,
Might check into this site. Post SHTF its how most of the refugees will be living anyway.

http://stealthcamping.net/
10 June 2013, 09:01,
For the motorised prepper seeking places to hide their campervans
http://www.wildcamping.co.uk/

2 July 2013, 14:20,
I just had a solo one nighter in some local woods. There are loads of places in there where groups of teenagers have camped and had fires. These are generally a mess and places to avoid but they also prove that wild camping is ignored even when done badly.

I chose to go on a week night and outside of school holidays to avoid running into these gangs of kids. I chose a spot that was isolated and out of sight from houses and roads and then waited until evening to pitch my hammock and tarp. I had a small well controlled campfire and before leaving cleared the area totally. LNT (leave no trace). I left early and after only one night but to stay longer would have been no issue. I would probably have pulled down the tarp and hammock during the day and stowed my gear so I could wander more freely without worrying it was being found/nicked.

In a bug out its likely you would travel in a similar fashion staying only for a day or two in a given site befor moving on so pitching and packing practice is useful not to mention clearing your site to hide your presence.

Remember there is no actual trespass law in the UK. There arelaws that prevent you damaging property whilst there and regarding the activities you carry on whilst on areas of land but the most that can be done is to ask you to move on. Thats why romany groups are so hard to dislodge. As long as you pack up and move on if asked to and you leave no litter or damage anything whislt there you have comitted no crime.
An old scout is full of rescource, that is he can find a way out of any difficulty or discomfort. (Lord Robert Baden Powell)
2 July 2013, 14:26,
Trespassers can be prosecuted but its a CIVIL matter not a criminal offence.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
3 July 2013, 08:41,
Dont forget a bunch of us are off camping on Dartmoor soon. PM me if you are interested.