Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossbow
3 June 2013, 21:10,
RE: Crossbow
I also have the 175lb Jaguar X bow, but as NR said it is the `heavy artillery` of the bow family,.. so to compliment it I purchased one of these, and I am finding it really very good, I was pleased I found it

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Horsebow-Arche...20cc1ba2b8
A major part of survival is invisibility.
3 June 2013, 21:45,
Gosh Highlander isnt it amazing how two different people living in to different regions with differing needs come up with very similar solutions. I'm looking at adding either another compound similar to the Banshee quad or one of these
http://www.cbarchery.co.uk/epages/620596...DA-48-0003

3 June 2013, 22:30,
(3 June 2013, 21:45)NorthernRaider Wrote: Gosh Highlander isnt it amazing how two different people living in to different regions with differing needs come up with very similar solutions. I'm looking at adding either another compound similar to the Banshee quad or one of these
http://www.cbarchery.co.uk/epages/620596...DA-48-0003

Its certainly a very similar bow,.. I picked mine because I wanted a simple none fancy bow,..and I am very happy with it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
4 June 2013, 11:38,
I had my horse bow made especially for me from a guy near Glastonbury, 40lb draw weight, cost me £60, I went and picked it up cos I wanted to actually meet the guy but he would have sent it courier if I asked.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 09:50,
River,

I have the Jaguar and it was sold with a cocking loop. This is a simple tool that increases your mechanical advantage over the bow and makes cocking much easier. I have a 230lb Xbow and none of us could cock it without the loop yet it was easy with. It is a worthwhile investment.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 June 2013, 10:01,
SD, is the 230lb a split limb compound ? bet that eats bolts ?
11 June 2013, 10:41,
RW,

No it's not. It's a very good bow, very accurate and very powerful. I have not lost bolts because they broke or went off target I have lost bolts because they were damaged hitting targets that were unsuitable and broadheads were also lost. They went straight through my straw target damaging the flights.

In many respects it is too powerful but I will choose my targets carefully for this Xbow and I have plenty of bolts and broadheads.
Skean Dhude
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
11 June 2013, 10:52,
230 ft pound !!!! how many Rhinos or Wildebeast live in the Wirrel ? or what ? Smile

11 June 2013, 11:30,
About two dozen or so of each. I'm just getting prepared and I like toys so there you go. Prepping and having fun.
Skean Dhude
11 June 2013, 11:32,
My crossbow was as a deterant against predators, worked well we have not seen any lions, tigers, crocodiles, or wolves in Countty Durham for months Smile