Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Selecting an area to post a Thread
24 November 2011, 21:43, (This post was last modified: 3 January 2016, 14:31 by Skean Dhude.)
Selecting an area to post a Thread
I've tried to set up a nice balance of areas but like everything else these plans get overtaken by events.

So when you come to write a post try put it in the right area. It'll be more widely read and the right people will see it. If there is not a right area then put it in An Open Box. Then post a comment in Suggestions to let me know what thread you think is missing. We can add a new topic if necessary. Bear in mind that the right area for some subjects is not the forum for the main site. If it is an article that should be remembered then the main site is where to post it. The forum is for discussing the fine details of something. If in doubt ask.

I'm trying to keep them as generic as possible so that we don't lose interesting articles. For example if you have an area for homestead and camping and you want to create an article on setting fires then many would put it in the camping. Those who don't camp would miss out but it is relevant. Thus homesteading covers all types, including tents.

It's not perfect but neither am I. (Nearly there. If I wasn't so modest I would be perfect Smile )
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin