Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
12 July 2013, 13:47,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
Well, I suspect there are more of them in the olders generation than there is in our generation, and less and less as we look back.
Skean Dhude
-------------------------------
It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change. - Charles Darwin
12 July 2013, 15:06,
Well, I am pleased that I was born on a farm, and farmed all my life up until about 20 years ago, when I changed profession, I learnt the way of the land and animal managment, I even went to agricultural school in the early days.

We had no electric until well into the 60s, no bathroom and a toilet at the top of the garden,..no services at all except the bin men, no shops anywhere close, so it was a good job we had an old Morris traveler

do I miss those days?... hell no, none of us really need electric at all,...although a toilet is good...Big Grin
A major part of survival is invisibility.
12 July 2013, 16:45,
(12 July 2013, 15:06)Highlander Wrote: Well, I am pleased that I was born on a farm, and farmed all my life up until about 20 years ago, when I changed profession, I learnt the way of the land and animal managment, I even went to agricultural school in the early days.

We had no electric until well into the 60s, no bathroom and a toilet at the top of the garden,..no services at all except the bin men, no shops anywhere close, so it was a good job we had an old Morris traveler

do I miss those days?... hell no, none of us really need electric at all,...although a toilet is good...Big Grin

although I am a city boy, mother was a farmers daughter, and my wife was an agricultural worker-went to Bicton agricultural college in the 60s, I was brought up with Dartmoor on my doorstep.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.