Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
5 June 2013, 19:48,
RE: So what use are the "old folks" when TSHTF?
(5 June 2013, 19:45)BeardyMan Wrote: I refuse to enter into a battle of wits with an unarmed man

not a battle of wits pal I just think your being a knob
just read alas Babylon ,so im going to get more salt!!!!
5 June 2013, 19:54, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 19:56 by BeardyMan.)
Re read the thread, objectively if you can manage, and think about your last post.

I thought you were 42? Nowt wrong with acting your age occasionally

Is it a full moon?
5 June 2013, 20:05, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 20:11 by Barneyboy.)
(5 June 2013, 19:54)BeardyMan Wrote: Re read the thread, objectively if you can manage, and think about your last post.

Is it a full moon?

read post 17 23 threats maybe you are cool with it I am not ,you no wot arm chair warriors ,you go and meet up with him and kiss ass as much as you like pal

(5 June 2013, 19:54)BeardyMan Wrote: Re read the thread, objectively if you can manage, and think about your last post.

Is it a full moon?

by the way im 37 no 34 no 78 no I can be any age sex colour and location ,this is just words text on a key board if your going to do something get on with it stop boring me
5 June 2013, 20:13,
Miserable old cunt aren't ya
5 June 2013, 20:18,
(5 June 2013, 20:13)BeardyMan Wrote: Miserable old cunt aren't ya

yeahWink
5 June 2013, 20:38,
I'm a new member so i'm not really privy to all the in's and out's on this forum,still i'm sorry to see a thread go down this way.As a geordie first (and proud) and an Englishman second (not so proud) i would like to extend my apologies to Jonas.
We should be worth more than this infantile crapSad.
This is a serious subject (prepping i mean) and though i'm up for a laugh as much as the next man,threads like this do nothing to further our cause.
Regardless of nationality we're all here for the same purpose.
5 June 2013, 20:39, (This post was last modified: 5 June 2013, 20:43 by BeardyMan.)
(5 June 2013, 20:18)Barneyboy Wrote:
(5 June 2013, 20:13)BeardyMan Wrote: Miserable old cunt aren't ya

yeahWink

Good Big Grin

Join the club.

Right, off to have me a beer, an find a Yankee doodle to perform anilingus at. Violently. X

(5 June 2013, 20:38)Talon Wrote: I'm a new member so i'm not really privy to all the in's and out's on this forum,still i'm sorry to see a thread go down this way.As a geordie first (and proud) and an Englishman second (not so proud) i would like to extend my apologies to Jonas.
This is a serious subject (prepping i mean) and though i'm up for a laugh as much as the next man,threads like this do nothing to further our cause.

Read Scythes thread about Passion of prepping etc, and you'll see why we argue. It's cause we're all very passionate. Has nothing to do with us all being grumpy fuckers, honest.

It's mostly in jest anyway. Mostly

Big Grin
5 June 2013, 20:52,
When you talk in an open forum you are talking to everyone,... shouting and swearing and generally looking like complete fools,... I can never understand why folks argue on a forum,.. no-one gets anywhere or changes anyone mind,..so why dont you just drop it
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 June 2013, 21:38,
(5 June 2013, 20:38)Talon Wrote: I'm a new member so i'm not really privy to all the in's and out's on this forum,still i'm sorry to see a thread go down this way.As a geordie first (and proud) and an Englishman second (not so proud) i would like to extend my apologies to Jonas.

No apologies are necessary. I'm an old Coast Guard officer (sorry, the Coast Guard doesn't invade, we just save lives), and some internet commando with a cannibalistic twist jumping on my post isn't exactly getting a virgin here. Us old folks generally have two things going for us, experience and tough hides.

In a SHTF situation, I can't hump a 100 pound pack 30 miles through the boonies every day anymore, or shoo like Davy Crockett, but I'm still a damn good medic, radio operator, intel puke, and I know how to deal with the media (as in PAO) which would also include psyops. I would guess that almost all of the older folks in our respective neighborhoods have a skillset to bring to the table if/when TSHTF. It may be gardening, canning food, picking up stray talk at the local bar, or putting "band-aids" on cuts, but it would be, in my opinion, a waste of valuable resources, to discount what older people can do to help the community. If/when TSHTF, we'll need all the resources we can get.
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
5 June 2013, 21:45,
(5 June 2013, 20:39)BeardyMan Wrote: Read Scythes thread about Passion of prepping etc, and you'll see why we argue. It's cause we're all very passionate. Has nothing to do with us all being grumpy fuckers, honest.

It's mostly in jest anyway. Mostly

Big Grin

I've got no problems with a heated discussion BM Wink in fact i welcome it as it shows that we're passionate about what we're doing.I'll argue when i think i'm right and acknowledge when I've been proved wrong.
This hasn't been the case in this thread.it's just a lot of childish schoolroom bullshit (not by you i might add,or most contributors) that does nothing but add credence to why the Uk is despised by pretty much the rest of the world.I'm nearly 40.I've come here to learn how to survive when tshsf,and hopefully to have a laugh as well. I'm not interested by internet bravado from a poster who post's puerile crap from the safety and security of a keyboard.I'm not an American lover ,nor am i anti American.As far as i'm concerned we're cousins interested in the same thing. Passions fine,heated argument is fine,this type of bollocks to me isn't. Honestly i'm a nice guy,but if i want an upfront argument i'll do it in a pub with a pint glass on standby.Hate from posters who submit rant's from a secure safe keyboard with no worry of recourse sicken me.