Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Wilderness Gathering 2012
17 August 2012, 15:10,
RE: Wilderness Gathering 2012
(17 August 2012, 14:32)Hrusai Wrote:
(17 August 2012, 13:54)bigpaul Wrote: can you get to Ilchester? we are talking early..say 9A.M. could do a minor detour and pick you up.

that actually might be possible! ill talk to my dad and see what i can do Big Grin

will get back to you BP Big Grin

make it today! i'm not going to be on line tomorrow morning!(on the road)
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
17 August 2012, 15:17,
(17 August 2012, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: make it today! i'm not going to be on line tomorrow morning!(on the road)

will do mate Smile parents will be back by about 4-5ish
17 August 2012, 16:51,
(17 August 2012, 15:17)Hrusai Wrote:
(17 August 2012, 15:10)bigpaul Wrote: make it today! i'm not going to be on line tomorrow morning!(on the road)

will do mate Smile parents will be back by about 4-5ish

OK...see private message.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
18 August 2012, 19:13,
So did anyone go?, and did you meet up with tothers?

18 August 2012, 19:21,
yep, J and i went, we met up with 00111001 and his lovely family, also met John from Witheridge, Hrusai didnt make it to the pick up point sadly...well, there is always next yearBig Grin weather good, but you definitely need to bring good boots or wellies if anyone is coming next time..some of the tracks are definitely on the "chewy" side, didnt see much evidence of catering so thats another thing to bring, but did have a couple of bottles of rather decent Apple juice. all in all a very nice day out surrounded (mostly) by like minded people. well recommended.
18 August 2012, 23:48,

yeah was well annoyed about it Sad spent the whole day drinking xD

sounds like it was a great event, glad you all met up and had a good time Smile

cheers for the tips for next year Smile
19 August 2012, 22:11, (This post was last modified: 19 August 2012, 22:30 by Timelord.)
I was there with my friend for Saturday & Sunday. Camped over in the woods. Looked more like a hobo camp as we were going lightweight + the addition of the local cider which was very nice and apparently deceptively strong! Didn't see a big guy in a leather jacket walking about. We kept looking, but although there was an above average representation of large proportioned men about, not one was seen wearing a leather jacket for ID reasons. It is a shame we did not meet up with anyone and that was one of the reasons for going. Maybe you folks were just too clever for me with this grey man philosophy. Going to unpack my kit now. TL.
Not leather jacket - denim or just combat jacket then , there were loads of combat jackets but it was too hot for anyone to wear them.. How were we supposed to find each other? I have read through the whole thread and it is not clear how this was supposed to happen, other than it was impossible to miss etc. Am still not clear on this.
"How far back in time do you think our future will be?"
20 August 2012, 09:45,
We arrived shortly after BP, I spotted his car then the sign in form confirmed my suspicions. Managed to wander off almost immediately and only found BP & his lovely wife again when I heard his name being called over the PA system. I assumed a police style raid Tongue but it was John trying to make contact. Had a nice, if brief chat with John, BP & Jane whilst the woman and wee one ran about in search of food (or in Sid's case anything he could find on the floor)

Have to say I was expecting it to be much, much bigger. We went round all the stalls a few times. Could only find one place to get anything to eat at lunchtime, and that was either bison burgers or veggie burgers (both £5 each!)

Did come home with a few pints of the cider though - nice organic one that. Slippery too - I had a pint and a half when I got home and I was more than happy for the rest of the evening! Some bargains to be had there - wish I'd picked up one of those tin baths for £30! Left with 2 more knives (1 SS, 1 Carbon Steel) a shemagh and a hank of free paracord. Could have spent more, but it seemed some stalls had increased the prices of some items Sad

Did have a nice chat with Martin & Suzie from the Jerked meat stall. They are both good friends with a friend of mine, so was good to finally meet them and have a chat.

So to end this post, it was a good day out, met some lovely people, and may very well return next year.

Oh, also, did anyone else have to pay? We drove in and couldn't see where to pay, had a gander round on the way out too and still found no one, so free day out Smile
20 August 2012, 18:21,
for everybody's information you pay your entrance fee when you sign the sign in form and get your wristbands and site map, dont know how binary got away with it but female on duty was a bit dithery! dont know how we all missed T/L i thought i said something about meeting at the Archery stand in the top field, John had enough sense to get the info tent to call for"Big Paul from Devon" on the tannoy, binary and tribe drove in waving at us as we were trying to put on our boots so they had us sussed straight off!Angry