Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
FENIX TA 20TACTICAL TORCH REVIEW
4 June 2013, 19:23,
FENIX TA 20TACTICAL TORCH REVIEW
FENIX TA 20 TACTICAL TORCH REVIEW (MY EVERY DAY CARRY)

I recently purchased a Fenix TA 20 tactical torch after doing a revamp of my Every Day Carry; I wanted a torch with a Tactical Application, so a strobe setting and bezeled edge were paramount. The strobe setting of the light is very bright and will do its required task of dazzling persons very well if required, at night. If the torch is ever required to break glass in the event of an emergency it is purpose built for this task. The light was originally designed as a weapon light and comes recommended for hunting also, this light screams quality and is very well built and fits into the hand nicely. One of the further factors I like about this torch is that, due to the design of the on/off switch at the base of the light it is very difficult to turn off/on by accident, the following information are some of the lights characteristics:

Cree XRE Q5 LED with a life of 50,000 hours

Powered by 2 x 3v CR123A lithium batteries

Four outputs: 4 lumens (170 hrs), 50 lumens (12 hrs), 225 lumens (1.5 hrs) Strobe 230 Lumens (3 hrs)

Tested to ANSI /FSC standard using CR123A batteries

Digitally regulated output, maintains constant brightness

Textured reflector throws beam over 200 meters

168mm (length) x 25.4mm (diameter) x 35mm (head)

175 gram weight, excluding batteries

Reverse polarity protection circuit board

Made from durable aircraft grade aluminum

Premium, type -111 hard anodized anti - abrasive finish

Waterproof to IPX-8 standard

Toughened ultra-clear glass lens with anti reflective coating

Tactical tail cap switch with momentary - on function

Anti - Roll slip resistant body design due to chequered grip inlay

Handy carry strap, at base of the light

VERDICT OF REVIEW OF TACTICAL TORCH, FULLY RECCOMENDED BUT QUALITY COMES AT A PRICE.

ALLWAYS CARRY A SPARE SET OF BATTERIES!
4 June 2013, 19:27,
RE: FENIX TA 20TACTICAL TORCH REVIEW
Excellent review thanks for sharing, keep reviewing your new purchases folks it may help a fellow preppers decision making.

4 June 2013, 20:21,
great review many thanks
4 June 2013, 20:29,
(4 June 2013, 20:21)I-K-E Wrote: great review many thanks
My pleasure
4 June 2013, 22:48,
Great review mate! Very impressed, and Fenix are an amazing company!

One thing I'd recommend for your next review....Pricing.

It would be great to hear about how you've used it and tested it too, e.g. late at night, fog use, hunting, etc.

What's the beam range to illuminate an object? I find different torches have different effective illumination ranges.
Dissent is the highest form of Patriotism - Thomas Jefferson
Those who sacrifice freedom for security deserve neither - Benjamin Franklin
5 June 2013, 10:49,
good review on quality kit ...nice one
5 June 2013, 11:24,
I got the Fenix L2D but its not a patch on his TA 20 !!!.

6 June 2013, 22:08,
(4 June 2013, 22:48)Scythe13 Wrote: Great review mate! Very impressed, and Fenix are an amazing company!

One thing I'd recommend for your next review....Pricing.

It would be great to hear about how you've used it and tested it too, e.g. late at night, fog use, hunting, etc.

What's the beam range to illuminate an object? I find different torches have different effective illumination ranges.

Hello mate appologies for not responding sooner you are absolutely correct I should have mentioned the torch price but it made my eyes water at £75 approx I paid for it, and the test even though very basic was, I tried it in the back garden in the dark and in the house in the dark and the thing which impressed me the most was the STROBE feature as it is its most powerfull/brightest setting dazzling any bad guys then making your escape or introducing their nose to the substancial bezel on the torch, the battery life impressed me to. On another note the price of the batteries for the torch available from BOOTS and camera shops is shocking, they wanted around £7 each for the lithium version so I went on line and got 20 units for £20 delivered lithium as well !