Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Disaster Denial.
5 June 2013, 09:16,
Disaster Denial.
American site, an open letter to non prepper family and friends. http://www.backdoorsurvival.com/disaster-denial/
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 June 2013, 10:48,
RE: Disaster Denial.
I think the Matrix series had a good point about this. They don't wake people up beyond a certain age, as they have difficultuy readjusting to the idea that their entire life has just gone; they are much more comfortable refusing to face the truth.

This makes me worry about my family, as most will not see the stimulus for prepping until it is too late.
Woe to those who add house to house and join field to field, Until there is no more room, So that you have to live alone in the midst of the land!
Isaiah 5:8
5 June 2013, 10:56,
i'm past "that certain age" but I can see the point of prepping.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
5 June 2013, 18:27,
I'm not certain that age has a whole lot to do with a "prepper" mindset. Eight years ago we got hit with a hurricane (Cat. 2 when it passed over us) and that made true believers out of a whole lot of deniers of all ages, races, creeds, colors, and backgrounds.

On the other hand, for those who are still not convinced, as the saying goes, "you just can't fix 'stupid'"!
If at first you don't secede, try, try again!
5 June 2013, 18:28,
(5 June 2013, 18:27)Jonas Wrote: "you just can't fix 'stupid'"!

aint that the truth!
5 June 2013, 19:44,
I am glad to be prepping BP ....meaning to my life ...when you see stuff like that .....no wonder I been feeling happy this last few weeks ....and getting on with stuff
5 June 2013, 19:47,
(5 June 2013, 19:44)Straight Shooter Wrote: I am glad to be prepping BP ....meaning to my life ...when you see stuff like that .....no wonder I been feeling happy this last few weeks ....and getting on with stuff

What a superb attitude towards your preps, I'm both jelous and impressed Mr SS, inspirational Sir, inspirational.

5 June 2013, 21:16,
I also think that preping gives us a feel good factor too, I almost treat it as a hobby, something we enjoy,... never forgetting that their is a serious side to it as well of course
A major part of survival is invisibility.
5 June 2013, 22:02,
(5 June 2013, 21:16)Highlander Wrote: I also think that preping gives us a feel good factor too, I almost treat it as a hobby, something we enjoy,... never forgetting that their is a serious side to it as well of course

Aye but you are living in bloody paradise up there you have good reason to be chirpy Smile

5 June 2013, 22:12,
lol,.... we do have our negatives as well though...Smile
A major part of survival is invisibility.