Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon Jane's "Book of the Day"
10 June 2013, 14:46,
RE: Dragon Jane's "Book of the Day"
Monday 10th June. The River Cottage MEAT book: Hugh Fearnley-Whittingstall ISBN 0-340-82635-5 originally published in 2004, 543 pages, lots of photos!
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 10:51,
"Self Sufficiency Beekeeping" by Joanna Ryde, isbn 978-184773-435-8, printed in 2009. basic tools and equipment,setting up,time to harvest,recipies and ideas,seasonal guide.
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
11 June 2013, 11:38,
Hahaha, you're some kind of mind reader!

Was gonna ask you for something like this Big Grin
11 June 2013, 11:42,
(11 June 2013, 11:38)BeardyMan Wrote: Hahaha, you're some kind of mind reader!

Jane says: first ask your landlord if you can have a hive, then if ok, contact the Cornwall beekeepers association, they may put one of their hives in your garden and teach you how to look after it.
11 June 2013, 11:58,
(11 June 2013, 11:42)bigpaul Wrote:

Jane says: first ask your landlord if you can have a hive, then if ok, contact the Cornwall beekeepers association, they may put one of their hives in your garden and teach you how to look after it.

Great idea, but Jade's allergic to bee and wasp stings (Sid too possibly), so I'm forbidden from having one Sad

There is a bee keeper in the village though I think. Fishing is next on my list, sea fishing anyway. Get me some of that FREE FOOD!
11 June 2013, 12:01,
(11 June 2013, 11:58)BeardyMan Wrote:

Great idea, but Jade's allergic to bee and wasp stings (Sid too possibly), so I'm forbidden from having one Sad

There is a bee keeper in the village though I think. Fishing is next on my list, sea fishing anyway. Get me some of that FREE FOOD!

well your close enough to the coast! mostly Mackerel and Bass around here, with the odd Pollack.
11 June 2013, 12:05,
(11 June 2013, 12:01)bigpaul Wrote:
(11 June 2013, 11:58)BeardyMan Wrote:

well your close enough to the coast! mostly Mackerel and Bass around here, with the odd Pollack.

Yup, mackerel run is the one I want to get on.

You have an odd pollack? Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin
12 June 2013, 09:49,
So what's the book today Jane? Big Grin

Amazon are gonna jump with joy when this order goes through on Friday!
12 June 2013, 09:54,
"The Vegetable Expert" by Dr.DG Hessayon.....a complete guide to growing & preparing vegetables...(part of the EXPERT series)..isbn 0-903505-20-7 originally printed in 1985....probably a new edition out by now, any of this series is worth getting. also available in most good garden centres.
12 June 2013, 12:01, (This post was last modified: 12 June 2013, 12:01 by BeardyMan.)
<iframe src="http://www.slideshare.net/slideshow/embed_code/15228652" width="670" height="715" frameborder="0" marginwidth="0" marginheight="0" scrolling="no" style="border:1px solid #CCC;border-width:1px 1px 0;margin-bottom:5px" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen> </iframe> <div style="margin-bottom:5px"> <strong> <a href="http://www.slideshare.net/DaErudite/complete-book-ofselfsufficiency" title="Complete book of_self_sufficiency" target="_blank">Complete book of_self_sufficiency</a> </strong> from <strong><a href="http://www.slideshare.net/DaErudite" target="_blank">DaErudite</a></strong> </div>

WTF???

Well that didn't work did it.