Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
hygenic or not?
6 June 2013, 16:36,
hygenic or not?
this or even less will become the norm post shtf?? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/articl...t-you.html
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2013, 17:30,
RE: hygenic or not?
Like it says in the article though, its only been in recent decades that we shower on a daily basis anyway
6 June 2013, 17:40,
when I was growing up it was normal to have a WEEKLY bath (no showers back then unless it was in the gym) and "strip washes" the rest of the week, its only recently that people have been so fastidious, that's why the water bills are so high, maybe??
Some people that prefer to be alone arent anti-social they just have no time for drama, stupidity and false people.
6 June 2013, 21:22,
(6 June 2013, 17:40)bigpaul Wrote: when I was growing up it was normal to have a WEEKLY bath (no showers back then unless it was in the gym) and "strip washes" the rest of the week, its only recently that people have been so fastidious, that's why the water bills are so high, maybe??

Same for us,.. a weekly bath in the tin bath in front of the fire
A major part of survival is invisibility.
6 June 2013, 21:28,
That takes me back highlander ...I was my desire to be first in but I was son no 3 and my other brother no 4 was in the Belfast sink.....lucky bastard
9 June 2013, 04:27,
Bathing is a fad thing determined by the culture in which one develops. In a survival setting it is a nonissue unless ones' health is involved.

http://www.todayifoundout.com/index.php/...al-europe/

Not bathing at all is one extreme but also keep in mind that excessive bathing is a symptom of OCD and not necessarily a sign of cleanliness.

There were times when I was in the Army when we could not bathe for 2-3 weeks at a stretch. In hot humid jungle conditions I have had clothing rot off my body in a matter of days. Sometimes it was an irritation and an emotional issue, very bad for moral, but it was way down our list of worries. It was not the dirt we were afraid would kill us.

Reminds me of the scene in Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, when they were contemplating jumping off the cliff into the river to escape capture. Sundance announced he could not swim.

"Don't worry, the fall will kill you!" was Butch's reply.

SHTF you will have some real worries to face. Bathe when you can. Don't worry about the dirt, the looters will probably not check for clean undies and a wash behind the ears before they stomp your brains out.
9 June 2013, 07:52,
I like to give my hands a good scrub whenever I've been working outside, a couple of infected blackthorn splinters gave me a lot of pain in my knuckles until I managed to get the tips of the thorns out. A good scrub and then inspection means I can get them out before the skin closes up behind them and infection sets in.
9 June 2013, 08:50,
Only dirty people get washed !!!